For Sale: (MA/NH) BBS Orp Bantam Chicks (pricing question)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by SpunkyChicken, May 2, 2009.

1. SpunkyChicken

SpunkyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I wanted to wait until the Chickenstock taking place next month in Keene before selling my extra chicks, but because so many of the eggs hatched, I have to find new homes for the extra chicks sooner than I anticipated; I just don't have the room for them. These guys come from show quality stock (obviously can't guarantee the chicks themselves are show quality) and are about 3 weeks old. I have an idea which ones are male and female but still not 100% sure for some of them. Most of them are blues, there's one or two blacks, and one splash. We were going to keep the splash, but he looks like he's going to be a rooster, so that may not be a possibility... the jury is still out on that one. There will be 6-8 chicks for sale total.

Anyway, this is my first time selling, and I rarely see this breed for sale, so I don't have a definite price yet. I only know of one lady from California who sells her 4-6 week-old BBS orp bantams for $25 each straight run, so I'm thinking of pricing them similarly... or should I wait to find out the sexes for sure and sell them in pairs? Is anyone from MA/Southern NH area interested? I'm actively in the Seacoast Area, Western NH, and Central MA, so I can commute basically anywhere in central New England.

Thank you for any responses, especially regarding an appropriate price! If I can't sell them here, I want to make sure I'm pricing them fairly when I try other places.

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  2. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    will you ship i dont know if i missed you saying it
    nevermind i found it so you cant?

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  3. SpunkyChicken

SpunkyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Well, I'd prefer pick-up, but would be open for shipping if I can't find homes for them here. I've just never done it before and would be nervous about it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by