For Sale - NC - Purebred (Rare) Silver Dorking eggs $27.00 shipped

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by NCIndiaBlue, Sep 18, 2009.

1. NCIndiaBlue

NCIndiaBlue Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2009
    NC
    This sale is for 5 Silver Dorking hatching eggs. $27.00 shipped. These birds are rare, here is what mypetchicken.com has to say:

"Dorkings are a very special -- and very endangered -- breed. They're one of the oldest known breeds of chicken domesticated for human use (reportedly having been developed during the Roman empire), as evidenced by their 5 toes instead of the usual 4. They're also the only breed with a red earlobe to lay a white egg! Compared to other breeds of chicken, Dorkings also have unusually short legs. Dorkings are exceptionally sweet birds and they need the support of small backyard flock owners to ensure their continued existence."

PayPal only please.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  2. goosemama

goosemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2009
    Forestville, New York
    Do you ever sell chicks and ship? I am looking for a small quantity of Dorkings (any color) to blend into my little flock of Amerecana's and Welsummers and I'd like the hens to have a rooster. I love the fact that they are good meat birds as well and that the hens go broody so often. We have an old Sears incubator and I am not even sure if it works - I have never used it or try to hatch eggs. Am so excited about Dorkings I am considering buying a new small sized incubator and try to hatch some eggs myself. Will you still have fertile eggs available this year? If so, let me know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by