FOR SALE - New Jersey - 2 Ewes - BEFORE & AFTER PICS ADDED

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by sunnychooks, Apr 24, 2009.

1. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    I have two sheep I need to find a new home for. They are both females. One is 4 years old and one is 6 years old. They are Dorset X Coopworth mixes and on the smallish side. They were raised as pets and are friendly. I'd like $25 each.
    BTW, they were raised with chickens! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  2. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oh man, if we weren't having bear issues I would show these to my dad. He had wanted sheep for awhile, but our goats were attacked by a bear in the fall and we turned that goat pasture into a horse pasture. That darned bear still comes around but there is nothing for him to eat now.

Where in NJ are you by the way?

3. sunnychooks

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    I'm in Jackson. I know what you mean about bears. Luckily, we've never had an issue with them but they are released about 3 miles from us at the Turkey Swamp Wildlife Refuge (Ever hear them talk about bears that are captured up in North Jersey and are released back into the wild??? They end up here. [​IMG]).
    The local ACO comes around to people who have livestock when one is sighted in the area. I hope we stay lucky!!!

4. thewarriorchild

thewarriorchild Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    Ringwood area, NJ
    YES! To far away and I don't have a truck whew!!
    Pictures??

Did any of the goats make it? Coming to the Sussex show in may?

5. bUg_Farm

bUg_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    On a mountain
    Will you post some pictures? Thanks!

6. sunnychooks

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    Quote:Actually, Sussex County is not too far away - only about 2 hours...
    They would fit very nicely in the back of a station wagon. [​IMG]

All of the goats I posted about found homes! Two belonged to my neighbor and have a wonderful new home with a fellow BYCer!
    The ones I posted about that were rescues were all adopted locally.

Unfortunately, May is a busy month here (dog boarding) and I'm not able to get away. It's probably a good thing since I always end up coming home with new additions! [​IMG]

And I'll post pics as soon as I can figure out how!

7. sunnychooks

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    Here they are!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Both are very friendly and even though the second one looks like she's mad, she's really a sweetheart (Especially when she gets her favorite treat - Vanilla Wafers!!!) [​IMG]

8. my5lilrugrats

my5lilrugrats Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2009
    Oh aren't they sooo cute! I am in Jackson too [​IMG] You don't by chance sell chickens do you?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  9. sunnychooks

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    I have 33 two week old chicks in the brooder and another 23 eggs in the incubator. I'll PM you with my phone number. [​IMG]

10. thewarriorchild

thewarriorchild Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    Ringwood area, NJ
    Quote:Actually, Sussex County is not too far away - only about 2 hours...
    They would fit very nicely in the back of a station wagon. [​IMG]

All of the goats I posted about found homes! Two belonged to my neighbor and have a wonderful new home with a fellow BYCer!
    The ones I posted about that were rescues were all adopted locally.

Unfortunately, May is a busy month here (dog boarding) and I'm not able to get away. It's probably a good thing since I always end up coming home with new additions! [​IMG]

And I'll post pics as soon as I can figure out how!

I have a toyota Tercel lol!!![​IMG]
    Cute pics!!
    A goat just got the side of my knee as I was dropping off chicks!! OWWW!!! Those horns hurt. I guess I thought I was gonna get butted not gouged! Big bump and bruise!! Better me than my daughter! We got to see some amazingly beautiful peacocks and the most adorable donkey baby who was like a dog who always wanted to be pet!! I will just have to admire others till I have a huge farm!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by