For Sale or Trade - Bloodhound - SAR - Arkansas

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by arllcountrygirl, Feb 3, 2009.

1. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

After much consideration I have decided to part with my Bloodhound male b/c I just don't have time to work him anymore - he is started and doing well with tracking (human scent). I am asking 500 but will consider all offers and trades.
    Thanks Amanda

2. Parson's Wife

Parson's Wife Blessed Abundantly

Jan 22, 2008
    Arkansas
    [​IMG] I hope you find an owner. They are wonderful hounds.
    I grew up with hounds (blue-ticks, black & tans, and a bloodhound)...somehow or other I wound up with little tiny furry Yorkies...( I love'em...but [​IMG])

Also, in case you don't know, you can list your hound for free in the Arkansas Democrat...online. They will fit your add in for 3 days for free as space allows.

Best Wishes

3. arllcountrygirl

Yes, thank you.
    I am having a hard time with this. He is a great dog with SAR and personality. I love him but the farm is growing and then with a 9 month old baby, well their isn't much time to run him on tracks and then I have to find someone to go run for me. Needless to say he isn't getting worked and I don't want to see him go to waste.
    Thanks Amanda

4. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    You could also try the NASAR website:

www.nasar.org

They have SAR dog classifieds, although i'm not sure whether they'll only advertise dogs for donation.

5. arllcountrygirl

Yes, I am familiar with all the sites - [​IMG] We train dogs for SAR and teach classes. I just don't have anyone around here that is interested in such a large dog. They go more for the labs and collie type dogs. I would possibly donate to a group if they were interested and were started with someone that knew what they were doing.

6. mamabird

mamabird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    App. Mtn's
    [​IMG][​IMG]I LOVE bloodhounds! We had one several years ago. We took him through obedience, and got his CGS and became a certified therapy dog. We took him to schools and such. Would have loved to do tracking...unofficially he was a great tracker. We would play 'hide and seek' on the property, and he was a champ! Had to put him down at 10-1/2 years due to renal failure. GREAT dogs - but misunderstood - everyone thinks of the "Beverly Hillbillies" bloodhound laying on the porch. That happens when they hit about 8-9 years old. Don't expect it before then!

7. arllcountrygirl

Quote:[​IMG]
    Isn't that the truth - I am always getting calls from people that can't understand why their bloodhound is bouncing off the walls. They think something is wrong with their dog. [​IMG]

8. nightshade

nightshade Chillin' With My Peeps

I love blood hounds and large hounds. Hubby raises coon hounds and hunts them all over. Has since we were kids so I guess that it was a given even back then that I had to like them too.

My baby is a Majestic Coon Hound (bluetick coon hound bloodhound x) looks like a big black and tan with a little white on his chest. You should see fokes when you pull in to McDonald's with him in the passenger seat. Fokes think they are just oh so cute when they are a few weeks old and are just little rolls of fur with huge ears and big feet. With in months they usually know they have gotten into much more then they can handle. And by the time they are Hank's age 5yrs and his size between knee and waist height and 125lb or so, they have a problem.

I have to admit that he has never been a hyper or distructive dog though, must be the bluetick side of him, I always bust guys at hunts the blueticks are sweet as hell but dumb as a box of rocks.

Hope you find a good home for him that will put his potential to work.

9. Ugly Cowboy

Ugly Cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    Corn, OK
    Quote:I'll trade a Anatolian Shepherd/ Great Pyrenese and a bunch of rabbits for him! [​IMG]

10. arllcountrygirl

[​IMG] No more dogs [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by