FOR SALE: SUMATRAS, COCHINS, MUSCOVIES, D'UCCLES WASHINGTON

Rare Feathers Farm

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
Pleasant Valley, (Okanogan) WA
My Coop
My Coop
So as I was mapping out where to put the mini coops I’ll be building next spring with my hubby, he asked me how many chickens I had. He said that he thought we had at least FORTY. I scoffed at him and said there was no way we had THAT many birds. So I sat down & counted. Well, we have FIFTY THREE! Needless to say, I’m selling ½ my flock before winter. These are special prices that will go up once it snows (which it will before the end of the month) & I have to start feeding them more.
Delivery within Oregon/Washington or Idaho can be arranged and those further away can always try Craigslist or Dreamhorse message boards (there are lots of horse people who show & some that would even let a chicken or two hitch a ride in their horse trailer!) I'd perfer not to ship at this time, or at least until I get NPIP certified, which should be next spring--so these will need to go before then!

All of these were hatched in May, unless otherwise noted:

2 Black Sumatra Cockerels $15 each
1 Porcelain d’Uccle cockerel $10
1 Light Brahma cockerel $15
1 Golden Laced Cochin roo (last year’s hatch) $20
1 Golden Laced Cochin cockerel $15
1 Giant Blue cochin cockerel, gorgeous coloring, carries the lemon gene, has mottled green eyes $30
1 Mottled Houdan cockerel $15
2 pairs of Muscovy ducks, must go in their pairs, $25 per pair
1 Salmon Faverolle Pullet, hatched in June

Trades I'll consider:
Mille Fleur d'uccle pullets
Sebastopol geese
Giant Dewlap Toulouse
Golden Laced Cochin pullets
Buff Columbian Cochins
Mottled Cochin bantams

Last edited by a moderator:
I know...but if I sell about 25 birds and only get another pair of Sebbies, then I've gained some, right?
smile.png

If you're serious about shipping, I'd check in to that with your P.O, but unless the birds are super duper heavy and quite a few, it won't cost close to $85 to ship. I just shipped two boxes of several birds and the more expensive one to zone 8 was like $43.

(I understand not wanting to ship, though!
smile.png
I hate doing it with birds, too.)

I got a quote for a 3lb box of live birds Express shipped to TX and it would be $85.00 that didn't include the box or the price of the birds, either....maybe the dude I talked to was wrong...but $43 sounds better.
smile.png
Most of my birds are standards & are close to 4 months old....

Holy heck! That's insane! hehe It depends on their weight, I guess. My $43 was to zone 8 (furthest from me would be zone 10) and was 4 almost grown bantams so definitely a weight difference from standards. hehe

He MAY very well be wrong...or I might! hehe I've never had any cost close to that much (even some standards), however, I kinda like to quote on the high side so people will be aware what it might cost so they're prepared. (I always refund if it's less, though.)

I hate hate hate shipping birds. I always feel so guilty. *sigh* I sent off seven today. The guilt is strong.
sad.png
I put lots of fresh fruit in there with them, but still...*sigh* I get too darned attached, obviously! heh

(I haven't heard about the papers required to leave the state, though. That's a new one for me. Is that the same as the NPIP stuff or something different that I should have been aware of? One of the boxes went to Washington today so I hope that's not going to be a problem! Eep!)

Back
Top Bottom