For Sale/Trade: Llama wool and Shetland Sheep wool & Roving (+Alpaca)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by everythingjane, Apr 3, 2009.

1. everythingjane

everythingjane Out Of The Brooder

Mar 8, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    I have an abundance of Llama and Shetland fiber, but not nearly enough chickens, so I thought I'd express my interest in potential trades.. I can send photos of anything you're interested in.... have many colors of both llamas and shetlands. Our llama wool has been compared to alpaca and the shetlands also have beautiful fleeces for spinning, felting, knitting, etc... Most of what I have is raw, unprocessed wool.. I do have several colors of llama roving and a little alpaca roving.

I'm interested in Blue or Black Copper Marans as well as Ameraucanas (would really like some blues)... Also Olive eggers (cross of EE/Marans)... Eggs, chicks.... or adults if you live close enough. Also interested in an incubator.

I'm in southwest Missouri.

Llama and alpaca roving:
    [​IMG]

One of the llama fleeces (Isabelle):
    [​IMG]

Some of the Shetland girls as yearlings:
    [​IMG]

2007 Shetland fleeces after shearing (with Pandora, who after shearing, slipped through the door to run back into the barn to admire the freshly sheared wool):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  2. m_herrington

m_herrington Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    ohio
    What would you sell your fiber for?

3. SloCrevs

SloCrevs Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    Central Coast, CA
    I have the same question, especially because the only eggs I sell are seramas, but if you would like some of those....[​IMG]

4. everythingjane

everythingjane Out Of The Brooder

Mar 8, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    Sorry.. I didn't see these earlier.. I have Llama and Alpaca roving listed at: http://www.geocities.com/malindajane/fleeces.html
    Most
    of my Llama and Alpaca roving is now on sale.. I need to pay my student loans!
    I also have some llama fleeces listed on this page:
    http://www.geocities.com/malindajane/llamawool.html

I have Shetland fleeces shorn this spring too.. $25 each since I haven't had time to price individually.

As a revision to my original post... I'm probably not interested in hatching eggs since my first hatch was so dismal. I am interested in Wheaten Marans.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by