1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

For Sale! Various Silkie Mixes in New York State.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Alycia, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Alycia

Alycia Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2008
    We have successfully raised several Silkie X's, mixed with just about everything, Rhode Island Reds, Barred Rocks, Polish, and many more. They vary in colors from Orange, White, Black, Brown, and many more.

We are charging $10 each. As eggs, they were hand-turned, and they were hand-raised in our home this winter. We will NOT ship, but would be willing to meet you if you're a bit too far away. Under no circumstances should they go for meat, or to be locked up in factory farms. I have no problem with them being layers, etc. Some of their genders are undetermined, but some of you are so good at determining them, you'll probably be able to see from the pictures.

They are 8 weeks old, give or take a week, and are very sociable. If they go as pets or showbirds, that is also great, they are very sweet and pretty, and unique looking. They are easy to pick up, and will roost right on your arm. I will be adding pictures, and will be more than happy to add pictures on request. There are sooo many of them. Thanks. Feel free to PM, and remember, no shipping. I am located in Northern NY.

- Alycia

2. Alycia

Mar 16, 2008
    Bump...!

3. Alycia

Mar 16, 2008
    Here is what we have available! Read the first post for more information!

[​IMG]
    ^^ Another white mix with an orangish beak, real nice tail feathers, slightly poofed head, and no extra toes. It's legs are not feathered. I'm guessing it's a cockerel.

[​IMG]
    ^^This is another white one with a slightly poofed head, slightly feathered legs, no extra toes, an orange beak, and longish tail feathers. I'm thinking it's a male.

[​IMG]
    ^^ This one is a Polish/Silkie mix. She has a veeery poofy head, elongated beak, feathered legs, no extra toes, but a crooked middle toe on her right foot, but it doesn't effect her walking, running, and/or flight!

[​IMG]
    ^^ 1 black with a poofy head, face, five toes, no feathered legs, black skin with orange toe nails! Black Star or Australorp mix with Silkie. Lovely tail feathers.

[​IMG]
    ^^ 1 black Australorp or Black star mix. Not sure if it has any Silkie in it, but regardless, it is for sale. Barely any crown or waddles, no feathered legs.

[​IMG]
    ^^ 1 black with w/o poofy head, slight gray crown, Australorp mix with brownish feathers mixed in. Yet again, not a Silkie mix.

[​IMG]
    ^^ 1 orange RIR X Silkie w/ pink skin, poofy head, feathered legs, extra toes.

[​IMG]
    ^^ 1 Barred Rock X Silkie mix with poofy head, gray/pink skin, tiny crown, no feathered legs, and a poofy little beard.

[​IMG]
    ^^ 1 Brown/Black Polish mix. Extremely poofy head, feathered legs, gray skin, extra toes, VERY soft.

[​IMG]
    ^^ 1 Brown/Black w/ no crown, or poofy head. Slightly feathered legs, extra toes. Pink skin.

[​IMG]
    ^^ 1 Brown/Black Polish X Silkie mix, extremely poofy head, slightly feathered legs, gray skin, extra toes. Very soft.

[​IMG]
    ^^ 1 Golden Brown/Black Polish X Silkie mix. Poofy head, feathered legs, gray skin, extra toes, extremely beautiful! Very soft.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  4. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Cute birds! Wish I was closer and needed a few more!

5. Alycia

Mar 16, 2008
    Thanks [​IMG]

6. Alycia

Mar 16, 2008
    Bumperz again, they're all still here [​IMG]

7. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Where are you Upstate? Just asking in case I go up to visit family soon or something..... [​IMG]

8. Alycia

Mar 16, 2008
    [​IMG] I'm in Ticonderoga, NY to be exact.

9. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    No family up that way. But it is just over 4 hours. Ah, if only I didn't already have as much as I can handle! I really want a silkie girl. I ended up hatching a boy. He's handsome enough but I probably can't keep him. We hatched three chicks, all roos, and he probably won't be the one we try to keep.

10. Alycia

Mar 16, 2008
    Aww. I am always willing to meet, providing if you'd actually want another. I wouldn't want someone to drive all 4 hours lol, I could meet in Albany, NY or even Coxsackie. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by