1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

For Sale: Young Laying Hens $8 - 10 each! southern Illinois

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Illinois_ Kelly, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Illinois_ Kelly

Illinois_ Kelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2007
    Marion, Illinois
    We're so busy now that we just don't have time for everything, so we have chosen to downsize our young laying flock some more. All hens are 15 - 18 months old and laying well. These are heavy layers and have been raised as pets, so we want to see them go to a hobby farm, like ours, where they're able to free range and live a long life. This is a deal! You couldn't buy them as chicks and feed them for 15 - 18 months for this price. Of course, this will be pick up only. Shipping would just be too hard on them and way too costly for you.

6 - Gold Stars: $8 each
    9 -Standard Patridge Cochins: $10 each (comes w/ a free matching Rooster if you buy them all)
    9 - Standard Blue Cochins: $10 each (comes w/ a free matching Rooster if you buy them all)
    4 - Standard Black Cochins: $10 each

Please e-mail with any questions that you may have.
    Thank you!

2. gocrow77

gocrow77 Crow's Nest

May 13, 2009
    Central MO
    I wish that you were here in Mo - I would snatch some of these girls right up! Best wishes...

3. Illinois_ Kelly

Sep 13, 2007
    Marion, Illinois
    awww, thanks! If you ever come this way, let me know. I don't think many people are close to me, so they may be available for a while. I sold about 20 girls previous to posting here but those are from my Craigslist ad. As you can see, I have a lot more to sell and unless the work load lightens up, I may have more available soon.

4. KinderKorner

KinderKorner Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    I am very very close to you.

Could I see some pictures of the black and blue cochins. I am interested. Also where did you get them from?

5. natalie1136

natalie1136 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2009
    Dennison Illinois
    I Pm'ed you

6. Illinois_ Kelly

Sep 13, 2007
    Marion, Illinois
    KinderKorner

I responded to your e-mail and included pictures. Please let me know that you received them.

natalie1136

I responded. Please let me know that you received it.

Thank you both!
    Kelly

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by