For Sale--young Silkies--SW MO

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by JudyMcKinn, Jul 12, 2007.

1. JudyMcKinn

JudyMcKinn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2007
    SW MO
    I have some young Silkies for sale. I live about 30 miles N. of Springfield, MO. they are very nice looking birds. They are mixed colors, and are from Kentucky Silkies stock.
    I have 6 that are 2 months old, some about half grown, and some that are starting to lay. Will sell pairs or trios. They have good crests, 5 toes, feathered feet, etc. anyone interested?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2007
  2. dakinsmimi

dakinsmimi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2007
    Mississippi
    Judy,
    How many do you have? How much are you asking?

3. JudyMcKinn

Jan 24, 2007
    SW MO
    I have about 7 that are 2 or so months old, and 14 that are nearing maturity. I am already getting a couple eggs every day or so. And one of the little roosters thinks he is mature, also. LOL
    However, I wouldn't ship. I would meet someone a ways, maybe 30 miles each, but with gas the way it is, no further.

Edited to add: forgot to say they range from $8 to $15 each. Depending on age, size, and type.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2007
  4. ann

ann Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2007
    ava,missouri
    Would you consider getting rid of some hatching eggs? How much for the half grown?

5. JudyMcKinn

Jan 24, 2007
    SW MO
    About $8.00 for the half grown ones, I guess. Yes, I would consider some eggs, also. But they are coming pretty slow. My older "flock" of a roo and 4 hens, that I have hatched from, --three of the hens are sitting right now. I put 2 on eggs, and haven't done anything with the other one yet, but may as well set her, also. So only one of the older hens laying, plus the egg or 2 a day from the young pullets.

6. JudyMcKinn

Jan 24, 2007
    SW MO
    No one? Gosh, I hate to take these to the sale barn, they are so nice. They do bring $10 to $15 each there, but the sale barn takes out a commission for selling them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by