for sell: 6 Lavender/split silkie hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by fowlrus, Jul 7, 2010.

1. fowlrus

fowlrus Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Schertz TX
    Our silkie and showgirl are totally seperated, so there's no cross. Our silkie pen is 100% silkie (none carried showgirl genes).
    The Lavender/split silkie pen have: 1 lav silkie roo + 4 lav silkie hens + 2 black silkie hens(my award winning blacks). All 100% silkie.
    With these eggs, you will hatch 100% lavender and splits( will be black) carries lavender genes. They are not gray or light blue. They are LAVENDER - self blue. It takes 2 set of lavender genes to get a lavender, so what ever the split you hatched will carry one set, cross with another split will give you 100% lavender.
    Lavender eggs will be smaller because this is their first year; but we have hatched out some beauty.
    These 6 eggs will be ship in foam container to ensure protection from rough handling and temperture. We have in the past used USPS pick up service on shipped eggs and not realized that they sit in open mailcar in 100 degree temperture riding all over town till they reach PO. Now we deliver the box stright to PO and will like to advise your pick up at PO too in some part of the country especially in southern state that's hot.
    Thank you so much for looking.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    So is this for silkies or SG??

3. fowlrus

Dec 2, 2008
    Schertz TX
    [​IMG] Thanks for asking, this is lavender/split silkie eggs only. Lavender showgirls are taking a much deserved vacation right now.

4. bacres

bacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    East Pennsylvania
    Temped! I need to wait out mine!

5. fowlrus

Dec 2, 2008
    Schertz TX
    [​IMG]
    I had been question about ice pack, Ice pack work for such short time, seems to me it just mess up the temp for eggs all together, because realistically take 3-5 days for priority. But if it's for express mail, it could work.
    We have being looking to everything and anything that could protect the eggs during travel, especially when in cargo at airports during transit or in the USPS truck/van or what ever. We think protecting the egg box by good insulation is the key, the less temperature change the better. But if you like; we'll put an ice pack in there for you. Thank y'all for your interest.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by