1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

**FOR SELL**SHOWGIRL/SILKIE HATCHING EGGS - FROM ANGIE IN TX

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by fowlrus, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fowlrus

fowlrus Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Schertz TX
    [​IMG] 12 White, Blue, Black and splash showgirl/silkie eggs for hatching. $24 a dozen which included USPS Priority shipping.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    You will hatch some silkie due to the genetic make up of this breed, we cross our showgirl with the best SQ silkie, our flock contains bearded, non-beard, bow tie, and clean neck. Thanks for looking.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  2. erin0415

erin0415 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2008
    North Texas
    Do you have your flock separated by colors?? I'm really just interested in white showgirls.

3. fowlrus

Dec 2, 2008
    Schertz TX
    I'm sorry, they are in the same pen. White is a dominate color, my roosters are one white and one splash.
    You will get white showgirl/silkie for sure, but in the dozen, you might get black, blue and splash as well.

4. cherndon712

cherndon712 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    Can I send paypal later today? If so, SOLD!!

5. fowlrus

Dec 2, 2008
    Schertz TX
    My hens are laying good, no sign of slowing down or stopping.
    I also have a buff, red, and partridge group. From this pen you will possibily get: buff, red, or partridge. Oh I forgot, I also have partridge with blue under tone - it was result of blue cross over partridge. It's pretty.
    You can have either group or mixed.
    [​IMG]

6. warhorse

warhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    Cibolo, TX
    I must admit, Angie, that when I first saw your ads on craiglist I thought a "showgirl" sounded atrocious, but I do think they might be starting to grow on me. [​IMG]

The silkies are bantam, right? Are the turkens bantam as well?

7. fowlrus

Dec 2, 2008
    Schertz TX
    How are you doing warhorse?
    You are correct! The big NN just scared the gozibo out of those cute little silkies, so we had to get some banttie to work with them. [​IMG]

8. warhorse

warhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    Cibolo, TX
    Do you cross male turkens of female silkies? Are they both white or brown egglayers? Do they make a standard silkie?

9. fowlrus

Dec 2, 2008
    Schertz TX
    I belive only bantom silkie in US.
    At first, I did cross turken roo with silkie hen, result wasn't anything to write home about. It took a long time and many improvement to get the result one's looking for. Oh, plus good teacher and friends, they are the most important part of this process. [​IMG]
    eggs are interesting too, some lay white, some are light cream color. I had one silkie lays green egg, did a cross with showgirl roo, hatch their off spring, some lay regular white/cream but 3 lay greenish eggs, 2 shown feather that's not silkie so that's the end of that project.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  10. mudderhen

mudderhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Clarkesville, GA
    Could I purchase some of the white/blue/splash eggs from you? When do you think you may have more available?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by