For some reason, I don't think my daisies will come up this year.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by fishnet1971, Mar 3, 2011.

1. First nice day of the month.... I can actually see some grass! I can actually feel fresh air. I can actually shovel more snow for Bird and the Fluffy Butts to wonder around my yard. when... to no surprise I find them in my FLOWERBED. duh, we have all been there. I just have to remember NOT to plant anything in them. (what would a flower bed be without flowers? or chickens for that fact.)

[​IMG]
    they found the bird feeder leftovers from the winter. yea, i shoveled.

[​IMG]
    Uh Huh, this is the May May! My rescue from Buffalo. she made it through the winter!

[​IMG]
    THEY all disected my flower bed. the only snow free thawed ground. and they loved it! each and every one took a dirt bath, scratched dirt until their feet were clumped, and thuroughly enjoyed themselves. It was to cute to stop them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    Maybe you can't plant daisies, but it looks like you already planted chickens! [​IMG]

3. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Songster

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    I cant believe you have any green stuff coming up w/ all that snow! your girls cant believe their eyes either!

4. My daffodiles are popping up through the snow too! they are just such a happy flock!
    [​IMG]

5. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    they will come up, may not last long with the chicken, all the snow really help plant root thru the winter, keeps the ground from freezing deeper.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: