For those enduring the Arctic Plunge

nicely done. -19F last night here. I wonder if this is one of the last scenes of "Shining".

Freezing our backsides off in NC too. Had a -1 wind chill this morning. I just thought that a little humor would help.

Wow! Your side of NC is quite balmy! :D We were rejoicing yesterday when the actual temps got up to zero. I have no idea what the wind chill was.

Our chickens weren't phased in the least. They came scrambling out when we opened the pop door like it was just another day. Chickens are the best!

I had to pry off an egg frozen to butt fuzz yesterday. Yeah, its cold...

lau.gif

here in ND its been very cold and most of my eggs are froze and cracked..my coop door never gets shut and the poo piles under the roosts are getting pretty high..i hope they dont hit the roosts till spring..

Wow! Your side of NC is quite balmy!
big_smile.png
We were rejoicing yesterday when the actual temps got up to zero. I have no idea what the wind chill was.

Our chickens weren't phased in the least. They came scrambling out when we opened the pop door like it was just another day. Chickens are the best!

We plan to retire on the Western side. It is still a few years off, but we keep making the plans. Mary loves the Asheville area, but we haven't decided exactly where yet.

Quote: We're near Asheville and love it - close enough to get into "town" if we need to, far enough out not to be bothered by some of the town politics. Asheville proper is crazy expensive in the housing market. The surrounding areas can be much more reasonable and still quite enjoyable.

We'll look forward to having another chicken lover in the area in a few years.

Back
Top Bottom