For those of you appreciate really good bad fiction

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by big medicine, Jun 29, 2010.

1. big medicine

big medicine custom Brahmas

Mar 6, 2009
    Ohio
    San Jose State has released the 2010 winners of the annual Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest.

The award, named for English writer Edward Bulwer-Lytton, who wrote the classic line "It was a dark and stormy night..." celebrates some of the worst writing.

Entertaining reading if you " just ain't right" as my wife put it after I read her a couple.

http://www.bulwer-lytton.com/

2. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Ha haaaaa! That's fun reading. Maybe The Onion will recruit some of those writers. ( I LOVE the Onion, BTW)

3. nonseq

nonseq Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    Central Ohio
    [​IMG]

4. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    OMG My sides hurt from laughing [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This has to be my favorite though :

Elaine was a big woman, and in her tiny Smart car, stakeouts were always hard for her, especially in the August sun where the humidity made her massive thighs, under her lightweight cotton dress, stick together like two walruses in heat.

Derek Renfro

5. big medicine

big medicine custom Brahmas

Mar 6, 2009
    Ohio
    Runner-Up:

The band of pre-humans departed the cave in search of solace from the omnipresent dangers found there knowing that it meant survival of their kind, though they probably didn't understand it intellectually since their brains were so small and undeveloped but fundamentally they understood that they didn't like big animals that ate them.

Mike Mayfield

Austin, TX

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  6. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Their relationship hit a bump in the road, not the low, graceful kind of bump, reminiscent of a child's choo choo train-themed roller coaster, rather the kind of tall, narrow speed-bump that, if a school bus ran over it, would cause even a fat kid to fly up and bang his head on the ceiling.

7. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Quote:That made me LOL for real. I could just picture it...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by