For those of you that name your chickens...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Sarahbethk, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Sarahbethk

Sarahbethk Out Of The Brooder

Dec 14, 2010
    What are their names?

I have WonderChicken (wl) the 2 Betseys (wl) the 2 Summers (wlsmr) Kellog (wlsmr roo) Rexy (br) Tiger (EE) Hawk (EE) Mammie (Cuckoo maran..CM?) Big Red (thinking he is a welsummer/BLW mix) and the rest I can't tell apart!

2. Savannah Poultry

Savannah Poultry The Source

Mar 29, 2010
    Lakeview, OR
    I usually name all of my Roosters I have (dill, riley, diablo, '007,) and I'll name hens that are special. I have one named Savannah (hence savannah poultry) and I had some EE hens named muffy and butterball hahahaha

3. Aria

Aria Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    We are new with Chickens. This Fall we were able to visit and I did name some of them.
    Our Chickens are Silkies: Our Rooster (red in color) is called Ruscello One Chicken that is Buff "talks" a lot her name is Carmen

One is (golden) we call her Violeta One is younger (the baby) is Julielette And one black and buff mix is Armida and we have one Jet black is Aria.

We have 14 Hens and one Rooster. Not all named yet.

4. gmendoza

gmendoza Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    My roos are: Speckles-commercial rock,Bumpus-bantam ee

My hens are: Noseeher-partridge rock (HEN BOSS), Flame jr-american game,Jeckle-Standard bared rock,Oddball-American Game,Caluah-American Grey Game,Gruesome-Bared Rock,Shy-Buff Orp, Whitie- White leghorn, Eagle-light brahma, Noname-Bared rock pullet,Squeaky-standard oeg, Squeaky jr-standard oeg, Squats-bbroeg

Duck Names: Flysalot-Chocolate muscovy hen, Limpy-Chocolate muscovy hen

Guineas(4) no names yet

two coturnix roo quail living in the coop and run-no names

5. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    my list is way to long, over 100 have names, but here is a few, Cloudy at sunset,Sonny, Mr Attitude, Sunshine, Moonshine,Starshine,Rainbow,Partly Sunny, Jonny Chan (my son's Idea),Flower,Skookie,Skoots,Jake,Motly these are just the cochins, MF and barred. I try to keep a theam for each line, in each breed, helps with keeping track on the fly with out looking up blood lines

6. Uzuri

Uzuri Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    My girls have to EARN their names. This is because with a name comes a pension -- the Named will remain with me until natural death.

That said, I have two currently with names (My rooster was just "Rooster" and is now living elsewhere under the name "Randy". A name he truly deserves). Miss Bossy Beak (Bossy), who was my first layer, earned hers through the early egg and the in-yo-face attitude. Buffy -- named by my bird-hating MOTHER of all people -- was slated for the meat pen, but proved to be so personable (like to the point that I'm not sure she knows she's a chicken) that I just couldn't put her on the truck; Mom then named her a few weeks later, after the bird showed just how much she liked everyone, not just me, by perking up and following people around the perimeter of the run whenever we were outside, "gerrrrrking" all the time.

I don't believe any of the others in the current crop are likely to distinguish themselves at this point, but I could be surprised.

7. Alicia G

Alicia G Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2010
    Nova Scotia
    I only have a hand full of chickens/ducks and I name them all!
    Lets see theres Buddy, molly, romeo julliette(my seramas)
    Nutmeg,blossum,sweet pea(my mixed duck trio)
    Trooper and his girl belle(call pair)
    And Onion(my lonely duckling)

8. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Mila
    Tufted
    Raven
    Hecate
    Persephone
    Chatta
    Llena
    Red
    Orange
    Yellow
    True Blue
    Umber
    Sky Blue
    Green
    Lilac
    Oscura
    Shells
    Spangles
    Rix
    Muffs
    Ruffs
    Alcyone
    Nix
    Poseidon
    Hades
    Set
    Isis
    Canis
    Marango
    Cacao
    Guitard
    Ghiradelli
    Guylian
    Goldkeen
    Five Pointer
    Cookies 'n' Cream
    Snowflake
    Pele
    Freyja
    Sultan
    Mushroom
    Godiva
    Josephine
    Moha
    Cadbury
    Camille
    Chocovica
    Wilba
    Whitma
    Whittaka
    Weldfinn
    Hiaka
    Lavendula
    Spike
    Bowie
    Big Red

Still more to name. . . And yes, I know them all by name. [​IMG]

9. LoneStarChicks&Horses

LoneStarChicks&Horses New Egg

Oct 11, 2010
    I am a chicken lover! And, all my chickens have names--here are a few:

Elvis and Pricilla (a pair of black and white Polish Cresteds)
    Reed and Allison ( a beautiful pair of French Banthams)
    Sparkie (orange and white Polish Crested rooster)
    Mr. Frizzle Chick
    Miss Dixie Chick
    Mr. Buster Rooster (a ti:)ny white Bantham)
    Peaches
    Miss Cripple Chick (she has bumble foot and lives in a rabbit hutch--I have taken care of her for 4 years. She lives indoors and I bring her fresh grass and hay --she truly talks to me!)
    Black Knight
    Rudy the Rooster
    Tar Baby

Each one of these chickens has a special place in my heart--these are just a few of them. I have about 30 chickens at any given time).

10. BirdNut

BirdNut Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2010
    Suprise, Arizona
    Nice names, everyone!

Button-- she got the name because of how she looked as a chick. She was significantly smaller than her sister, and had a tiny little round tail that reminded me of a button quail.

Opal-- She got that name just because it's pretty, like her.

Tux-- My little Tux, short for Tuxedo, was named that because he is black on top and white on the bottom.

Amber-- So named because she is a rich amber in color, and I liked the name.

Goldie-- I couldn't think of anything else for her at the time, but it stuck. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by