For those of you who also eat quail eggs

mikeh53

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 9, 2011
I am getting into quail mostly as a hobby but also for meat & eggs don't have but about 100, but just starting to get eggs, (about 30-40 per day now... because my roosters seem to be still to young... or its the wring season (even with lights) my eggs do not seem fertilized yet... so... we are using the eggs
m...

The information I want to convey may be old hat... to many on this forum... but new to me so...
If so please forgive me... we are just getting started....

First discovery were quail egg scissors... on ebay, now opening the eggs are easy, Most mornings I eat a 6 egg omlet...

but the reason for this post is to tell how to peal the little boiled eggs!

My wife is into canning... found a recipe for Cajon pickled quail eggs.... The instructions said to put the steamed quail eggs in a Bowl and cover them with withe vinegar and leave them sit on the counter for 12 16 Hrs.... I stired them around on occasion. (Not sure sturing was needed)

as stated in the recipe the sports floated to the top, the shells became rubbery and we're easy to slip from the eggs.... It WORKS!

on a side note... The white Vin. Left NO aftertaste (venigery) on the eggs... Se made 3 Qts. Canned Cajon quail eggs tonight... will open first jar in two or 3 weeks to try um...but the point is... pealing was easy!

ops... went in the kitchen... looked at the jars my wife caned last night... they are not Qts... but pints... she just told me 3 jars... I just assumed courts... want to be honest in my communications... Jars pretty though... lots Of spices and I'm looking forward to trying them...

those sound good! I haven't gotten my quail yet but I can't wait! I'm currently looking for eggs.

Back
Top Bottom