For those of you with straight run BR chicks...

raindrop

Songster
11 Years
Feb 10, 2008
Western Oregon
I took a picture of two of my BR chicks (5 days old) today, the little pullet (on the left) and cockrel were conveniently resting next to each other. Sorry about the funny color since my camera doesn't seem to think it needs a flash with the red light nearby, but you can see the more distinct yellow spot on the pullets head and can see that the male has a bit more silver in the body fluff. She has more black on the fronts of her legs, too. Ideal marked him for me, but I could tell who he was even before I saw the purple mark on his head because of his coloring!

IMG_3685.jpg

Yep, and you can see your pullet is getting a little tail but your cockerel is a bit slower in that dept. This is one reason I love my Barred Rocks, slightly easier to sex, although, on occasion, one will try to fool you, LOL.

I have two BR babies - and was wondering who was a roo ! but I noticed today that one does look alittle more silvery - but has a rather large splash ( not really a spot of whiteish color on the head ) both have some black down the legs - almost looks to be the same amount. I will wait a about another week or so and post another pic of mine.thank you for posting your pic it helps newbies like me out alot

Julie

Back
Top Bottom