For those on lockdown

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Islandmom511, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Islandmom511

Islandmom511 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    It seems like theres a ton of us on lockdown or actually hatching tonight! For those that have hatched, can you post which day the excitement began (pips, peeping, zips, movement, etc.)? I'm dying over here waiting for SOMETHING to happen! On day 25 for our pekins...first hatch and crossing fingers!!!

2. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    I went into lockdown Friday at midnight. Mine hatched Saturday late night and Sunday am. [​IMG]
    Good Luck.

[​IMG]

3. mar013q

mar013q Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Mine are hatching right now! Four have started. I've been posting updates on my thread "my first hatch". it's so exciting!

4. JeffJustJeff

JeffJustJeff Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2011
    I went on lockdown tonight. This is my third hatch and I hope it is always this exciting! I have 13 Lavender Orpingtons from the mail and one from my Wheaten Marans crossed with my white Leghorn.

5. Speed

Speed Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2011
    The Berwicks
    what exactly is "lockdown"? I have a barred rock sitting on some eggs right now, want to see if we can hatch them out but i dont want to do the incubator thing on right now.

6. itsy

itsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    I'm on lockdown as we speak. [​IMG]

When I moved them from the egg turner to the wire bottom tonight.... I got one that pipped right away. I hope he makes it! I have been hearing peeping, but nothing else pipped yet!

7. GoodKids

GoodKids Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Lockdown was scheduled for the 4th but mine are tapping and a couple have a tiny pip! Hoping for a successful hatch! [​IMG]

8. builderone

builderone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    I put mine in lock down saturday night and woke up to a new fuzzy but this morning. [​IMG]
    Chad:welcome

9. Wyogirl

Wyogirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Cody, WY
    Quote:I have not ever had 13 eggs into lockdown when shipped, how far were they shipped from???? and if you don't mind who did you buy them from. I have had 3dz shipped and have only 2 chicks to show for it!!! Will keep an eye on this post!
    Ayda
    And great work:thumbsup

10. Islandmom511

Islandmom511 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    Quote:Congrats!!! I'm jealous!!! Day 26 here and still nothing [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by