for those who do business advertising..

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ams3651, Oct 27, 2008.

1. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    This is my experience but I would advise to stay away from yellowpages.com. I have a contract with them for a upgraded listing for my business at $35 a month. I received only 2 hits to my website and combined with my current financial situation they will not let me out of the contract. I have spoken to several people and it may come to asking my sister who will graduate law school in a few months to help me. They will not budge. I will NEVER deal with them again. I have also read several posts on the internet about people who have signed up for pay per click advertising with similar problems, they dont get the clicks, incorrect information in the ads, etc. They insist there is no higher supervisor I can talk to which every one knows just isnt true
    :thun

2. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    I HATE yellow pages. They call and harrass you! I was paying $85 a month for online advertising and booked ONE portrait shoot in a year from that ad!

I pulled my ad at the end of the year and they kept telling me to list in another section, etc. Why in the hell would I do that without a proven tract record with them!

3. jkm

jkm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Forest Grove
    the only advertizing that has worked for my business is my websites,, yellow pages or any print media was really bad.... cost alot,, no return ,
    the best way to make a good website is
    blue voda the online tutorials teach you everything

all my best customers come from online, over ten years in busineess now

cheers and good luck

4. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    There's so many versions of "yellow pages" around now, I don't trust any of them when they call or send my offices what look like signup or renewal sheets.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by