For those who do not have cable or satellite TV

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by tazcat70, Jan 2, 2008.

1. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

2. palabeco

palabeco Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2007
    S.W. PA
    GREAT! I'm applying for the coupons right away. We still use rabbit ears for our TV. Just can't seem to make myself pay to watch TV. It's just not right. We thought we might have to get a dish when the change happened. But if all we need is a converter then thats great. [​IMG]

3. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Thanks for sharing the link.....we too don't pay for t.v.........I dont watch enough to warrant paying more...and if I did.......I would be watching the surgery channel 24/7 [​IMG]

4. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    Quote:You will still need to get cable or a dish. The converter only enables non digital tv's to convert the digital signal being transmitted via cable or satelite. There will be no more "thru the air transmission of tv signals". The coupons are being made available, so you won't have to buy a digital tv.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  5. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Quote:We arnt going to bother. MY mom has been whining and complainging to her b/f for a HDTV. I think he might take some out of his 401K. I wish I coud get one for her but I dont have the money right now

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2008
  6. palabeco

palabeco Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2007
    S.W. PA
    Quote:You will still need to get cable or a dish. The converter only enables non digital tv's to convert the digital signal being transmitted via cable or satelite. There will be no more "thru the air transmission of tv signals". The coupons are being made available, so you won't have to buy a digital tv.

http://imgcash3.imageshack.us/img79/5967/lcrtsigjuly05racingfinal51fj.gif

Look at this link. From what I can tell you don't need a dish or cable, You just need the converter box, the signals are still transmitted thruough airwaves.
    http://www.dtvanswers.com/dtv_ready.html

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  7. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    Just one more reason I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad we have no TV and I never will again!!

8. DrakeMaiden

DrakeMaiden Overrun with Drakes

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    Yep, this is my excuse to cut the cord. No more brain drain for us. I'm looking forward to the signal going dead!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by