For those who get a winter(pool ?)

Going Quackers

Crowing
12 Years
May 24, 2011
On, Canada
Do you get a heater to keep a pool open? I'm thinking no.. because then they'll freeze their feet when there out of the pool? Not talking about drinking water that obviously needs to be available. Mine just adore there pools and surprised me by still actively splashing and swimming this morning we we're at 0 this morning.. brrrr...
ep.gif

Last edited:
I don't have a heater. I use the same kiddie pools that I use year round. When the water freezes, I break it up, pout it out and re-fill. It's a lot of time and work but they love it, so I do it for them.
big_smile.png
It keeps them happy and that makes me happy.
big_smile.png

Birdbath heater works really well on a turtle pool or a cement mixing tub. Mine have never frozen to anything after getting out. Unless you have a metal ramp or something I think you are good.

Quote:
I LOVE this post, i do the same for my ducks, they love to swim so much, i couldnt take that away from them over winter
love.gif

My male also loves his bucket of warm water through the cold months, when his waters cooled down & im outside he quacks at me & nudges the bucket asif to say (re-fill it now)

62275_sdc13037.jpg

62275_sdc12802.jpg

I keep a sheep tank in the barn for them, with a heater in it so it will not freeze. Because i have to cover it with plywood when i am not there, they can only have supervised swimming but they do love it. About February they seem to lose interest in it though.

Back
Top Bottom