For Today's Entertainment....This is Good for a Chuckle, LOL

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by speckledhen, Aug 12, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Today's ending and I'm doing late day stuff around the coops when I look over and see my 16 week old BR cockerel, Dutch, mating my 3 yr old Buff Orp, Sunny. Well, he was attempting to mate her because he's too short in body yet to actually make good contact. He keeps on trying and trying, all the while pulling her head feathers. Well, Sunny starts to scream. She's angry, she's had enough and she wants UP! She shakes him off, then turns on him like a mad dog-chasing him all over the pen. Then just when he thinks she's given up, he stops and turns and there she is with her claws in his face and she's ready for round #2. Sunny's been broody and she still remembers how to channel it! Poor Dutch ran from Sunny for probably 20-30 seconds, LOL. The end of the day sure was good. I love seeing the women with an up and rising cockerel, showing him that he's not "all that" just yet, LOL.
    Here's Dutch.
    [​IMG]

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

He may decide it's not worth it!! [​IMG]

3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    The hard to get ladies are always worth the chase! [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I've seen him with several of the older ladies. One pf his favorites is my Blue Orp/Buff Brahma cross pullet, Glenda. She's even bigger than Sunny, LOL.

5. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    He is so pretty...too bad there wasn't video, it would have been nice watching a roo run from a hen... [​IMG]

6. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by