For you Jordan (and anyone else who wants to see) (Pics)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by showme31, May 7, 2008.

1. showme31

showme31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Moscow Mills MO
    Since you asked so nicely I decided I would share them with ya.

The first is my 75 gallon freshwater tank. I did a serious plant thinning this morning. I could barely see the fish anymore. I pulled out 8 large amazon swords and 14 swordlets and huge clumps of wisteria. I'm lucky enough to have a pet store near me that will take trade on super healthy plants (and fish for that matter). I have always had a soft spot for freshwater angelfish. I keep the platys for color and well part of the food chain. With the overabundance of plants they quickly took over the tank.

[​IMG]

Here's my newest baby. It's a 56 corner marine tank. I just set it up in January. I still have to add some more live rock and my petstore buddy is ordering some of the fish that I'd like to add in there. Today I made the plant trade for a long spined urchin. He's pretty cool. I also have a yellow tang, 3 percula clowns, anenome, 2 cleaner shrimp, yellow headed jawfish, a couple of crabs and a few snails.

[​IMG]

Smiles
    Jul

2. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    Very nice!!! I, too, have an angel. He(or she) is almost 9 years old!!! Very happy and healthy! I hope to try a saltwater tank in the future.

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    WOW! Great fish tanks! I miss having mine now. [​IMG] Thanks for sharing! [​IMG]

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Very nice. Maybe some day I'll get more then feeder fish! LOL

Here's a q, do you ever worry about water getting too hot? If so... how do you stop it from over heating. Solutions I hear are 1) ice water bottles, 2) get AC, 3, a cooler system that is big $$$.

5. showme31

Jan 11, 2007
    Moscow Mills MO
    I replied to your post. Good luck!

Smiles
    Jul

6. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Juls, they are great! I really love the FW tank, the background is awesome. My mom told me she doesnt see what the problem with an aquarium is, so maybe I'll have a pic to show off to you soon!! [​IMG] Beautiful tanks! Thanks very much for taking the time to get pics for me, I really appreciate it.

7. showme31

Jan 11, 2007
    Moscow Mills MO
    For you Jordan anytime, yer my bud. After I get the rest of the fish bought and settled in the marine tank I'll update pics.

I hope you get to set up a tank, they are very rewarding once they get established.

I found that background several years ago on the clearance rack at PetsMart. I only paid $10 for it. I just hate looking at all the wires/cords on the back of the tank. On the marine tank I just put a black background on it.

If you get your tank and have any ?'s just ask. I've been running tanks longer than you've been alive. LOL.

Smiles
    Jul

8. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    Nice aquariums! You've done a very nice job on them. Love your choice of colors of fish.

9. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Quote:[​IMG] I appreciate everything though. I will definitely come straight to you if I have any questions, and I definitely will!

10. nutmeggie

nutmeggie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Northern Michigan
    I miss having a fish tank. Yours look wonderful. Maybe someday I'll get another one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by