Forget Waldo! Where's Scout?? Goofy Rooster!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by speckledhen, Dec 13, 2007.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I let the Ameraucanas out to run around a bit today. Awhile later I go outside and see only his girls hanging around under the deck, but no Scout. I look toward the pens, expecting to see him fussing with Suede or Hawkeye through the fence, but no Scout. I look under the deck where they like to dustbathe, no Scout. I yell his name, usually a surefire way to find him because he always comes running, no Scout. Now, I'm worried, but confused because I didn't hear any commotion earlier outside like I thought I would if he'd been snatched by a predator. I go down toward the coop and I have an idea. We have this huge blue Rubbermaid tub that usually holds the last couple of flakes of a bale of straw so the girls won't just kick it apart and waste it. Scout likes to jump in it and pretend to nest, but it hasn't had straw in it for a week or more. Still, I think, well, maybe he's in it and didn't come for some odd reason. I round the back of the coop, look underneath, see the Rubbermaid tub, but it's upside down. I turn it over. There's Scout! He must have jumped in and when leaving jumped onto the edge and flipped it over on top of him. What a silly boy! [​IMG]

2. Wolfpacker

Wolfpacker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2007
    Raleigh
    [​IMG]

3. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    lol, I had that happen to a young cockerel of mine only it was a cardboard box and he went "missing" for a day and a half during the summer. He was okay in the end. [​IMG]

4. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    [​IMG] boys will be boys [​IMG] glad he's okay [​IMG]

5. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    I'm glad you went looking for him, that silly bugger. [​IMG]

6. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    HAHAHA! Now THAT's a funny chicken story! Nut!

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

He is on occasion good for a chuckle. He jumped out and ran off to spar with Suede through the fence like nothing happened.

8. S n M Poultry

S n M Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2007
    Riverside,CA
    OMG... that is hilarious...LOL

9. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    He was playing Army.
    He was a tank commander.

10. Katy