Forgot about call duck eggs while cooling

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Feathers Acres, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Feathers Acres

Feathers Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Michigan
    I took my call eggs out to cool and misted them, that was about 3:30, I just now put them back in because I went upstairs and totaly forgot about them and took a nap. Im thinking they'll be okay since it would only be like my bator's temp going down to 70 for acouple hour. Do you think they'll be okay? has anyone else done this?

2. taraann81

taraann81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    I haven't done this BUT, I read that some one saw a female mallard get hit on the road, it took him two days to find her nest and the eggs were ice old when he did. He popped them in the bator anyways and they all hatched, so I can't imagine a couple of hrs at 70% would be detrimental. But after reading ur post I have to ask. Should I be cooling my muscovy eggs? If so what day do you start that?

3. Feathers Acres

May 31, 2008
    Michigan
    Mmm, I dont know much about muscovies but for calls your suppose to cool and mist for 10 minutes once a day.

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I did that also. [​IMG] I left them cooling, and forgot them for an hour or so. Luckly, they were fine.

What day were they on?

5. Feathers Acres

May 31, 2008
    Michigan
    They are on day 13, and I just candled them. They all look fine except for the ones I already knew that would most likely have not made it because of floating ar sacs.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  6. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:They will be fine. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by