1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Forgot! Im new too!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Squishy, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    Hello!

I have posted a couple of times and forgot to add myself to the newbie list!
    This will be my tenth post! Yey! Now I can add my pics and do my page! I like it here at BYC as people are very friendly and there is also a wide range of topics discussed.

My name is Rebecca. I reside in Lehigh acres, FL. Im 23. Currently mom to my 6 mo old Jack Russell Puppy, who I named Eli, but who has decided his name is Squishy. Seriously. Thats the only name he will come to. Dont ask why he heard the word squishy alot [​IMG]. Wheres the embarassed emoticon?
    Eli/Squishy loves everything he is not supposed to have. He has such a sweet tooth, er, nose, and he goes batty anytime someone is eating chocolate, candy, or drinking soda.. [​IMG]
    My moms Jack, Rosie, is so much calmer. In her day she was a Frisbee champion and momma to some adorable puppies. But we had her spayed, because we thought it best for her... So when I lost her daughter, Tilly [​IMG], I had to look elsewhere for another furbaby.

I used to have Paso Fino horses and show them as a youngster... but had to give it up due to finances... I am longing for the day I move somewhere more "countryfied" and have the money to get a nice mare.. or two... or..... and some adorable little Mini's! and a Gypsy Vanner!
    Also currently momma to a cute little hamster. Hampster was picked from the "female dwarf" bin... only to later see it running around its cage with bumps near its butt... Well, hes adorable anyway [​IMG]

Also, six Halfmoon Betta fishies imported from Thailand. The breeding tank is all set up and my fry food has finally arrived, so daddy fish "Pinky" will be going in tomorrow to start working on his bubblenest.

I know... you're wondering, where are the chickens? Well, my little eggies should be shipping out in the morning! [​IMG] I got 7 Splash Silkie eggs from a lovely nice lady on ebay. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    My darned Hovabator, I ordered on the first, was shipped right away, and is still not here! It had better get here in time! Darned winter storm! [​IMG]

On the upcoming first, I am going to begin my chicken coop and large run.. I made my plans and checked em twice, but I dont know what to name it.
    Whats next after the chickens, you ask? Peacock eggs! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    And, its time to begin the garden.. lots of plants still living from last year.. so more flowers, and some veggies.... Perhaps a nice grow out pond for the Bettas [​IMG]
    Gee.. where are all the handy guys when you need them? [​IMG] Anyone have a loaner?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  2. unionwirewoman

unionwirewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    WELCOME ! Hope your bator arrives in time and all your chickies hatch out ! I'd loan you my hubby ( very handy , and will do what you ask ) but he's working down in Cali . Wish he was here because our driveway is ICE and I only made it up 3/4 of the way tonight...hubbies friend is coming up tomorrow to pull it up with the tractor . Really need to learn how to run that thing ! Love Paso Finos...wish I had one but I don't have enough time for my own horses ! Hope you have fun up here !

3. Chicken.Lytle

Chicken.Lytle Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC! I started with chickens over the summer and the people of BYC have been great. Please visit my BYC Page for my blog links that you may find informative or amusing.

4. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from California

5. CountryRoosterUSA

CountryRoosterUSA Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] from N.W. Tennessee

6. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia