Forgot to remove the egg turner from my incubator.

vickircafe

In the Brooder
10 Years
Dec 22, 2009
Orange Lake, FL
I unplugged the turner on day 18 but here it is day 20 and I hear peeping from the eggs and realized the eggs are still in the holes of the egg turner. Should I open the bator and get the eggs off of the turner? I am not sure this would be wise. The eggs may cool too much because there are 19 of them in there. It would definately take a few minutes to do this. No eggs have pipped yet that I can see. But I do hear chirping from the bator. This is my first time ever using an incubator and I wanted to do it just right. Now this!! What was I thinking??? Any advise?
Thank-you.

This happened the other day as well and there were many people that said they leave it in there. I have no experience with this but either way i think you'll be fine if there and no pips yet. I personally would probably just let them hatch.

I just checked and 1 egg has pipped. I have decided to leave the egg turner in there. Just hope once it hatches the poor thing don't trip and stumble on the other eggs and holes. I have 16 vacant holes in the egg turner.

Crossing my fingers for you!!

fl.gif

Good, I feel a little better about it now. If others have done it, hopefully mine will be ok too. I now have 3 pips and a lot of chirping.

LEFT MY TURNER IN THERE TOO. JUST PULLED 17 CHICKS OUT LEFT 3 IN HERE THEY WERE WET. aLL JUST LITTLE MUTTS MARANS CROSSES WITH EE'S OR CUCKOO MARANS, BC MARANS. hENS ARE CUCKOO/BC MARANS HENS THAT LAYER A NICE EGG. oH THESE ARE PULLET EGGS jUST WANT TO SEE IF THEY WOULD HATCH, i AM ON DAY 21. tEMPERUTURE WAS SO UP AND DOWN i DIDN'T THINK THEY WOULD HATCH 96 TO 103 i DRY HATCH SO DONT PAY MUCH TO HUMIDITY. USUALLY 35 TO 40 % oN DAY 20 TEMP/ WENT WAY UP103 WHEN i NOTICE IT. bUT THEY ARE HATCHING. tHINK i AM AT 60% HATCH NOW.
ps i DONT CANDLE EGGS AT ALL i JUST WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. i WAIT A FEW DAYS THEN LOOK TO SEE WHY THE OTHERS DONT HATCH

i KNOW ONE GAL THAT EVEN LEAVES THE TURNER MOVING BECAUSE SHE IS ALWAYS ADDING EGGS THOUGHOUT THE HATCH. sHE HAS GREAT HATCHES. wHEN SHE HEARS THE CHICK PEEPING SHE PUTS THEM IN BROODER WHEN DRY AND WAITS FOR THE NEXT ONE.

hATCHING CHICKS IS SO HABIT FORMING. bECAUSE i DONT NEED ANYMORE HENS
hAPPY HATCHING

Yes, 9 healthy chicks and one that is deformed. This one looks like it has some of its insides on the outside and has blood on it. It is still curled up and just laying there. I am trying to think of a humane way to dispose of this little thing. It may be in pain, not sure. I was hoping it would die right away, but now it is about 4 hrs. old and still chirping. I am so very sad for it. Does anyone know what I should do?

Back
Top Bottom