Forgot to say hello! Also, pics of chicks!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by treslilbirds, Mar 16, 2017.

1. treslilbirds

treslilbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2017
    NorCal
    Just wanted to take a moment to formally introduce myself. I'm brand new to raising chickens. I've worked with cats and dogs in the vet industry for years, but birds were never really my thing.
    Well now I have 6 baby chicks that I picked up from from TSC this past Friday. Lost one baby Sunday morning, TSC manager let me get a replacement, every one is doing great now! I'm putting PND in their water daily, I swear they double in size every night. One of my golden comets is my biggest girl already. She already sits like she's on a little nest and is the bossier of the bunch. Her sister is the opposite, small and sweet, loves to cuddle with the other girls. My 2 little RIR's love to be held and "sleep peep" in my hand, and they have me wrapped around their little tail feathers. My two leghorn girls just crack me up. They both strut around and scratch and peck like they think they're big things already.
    They're names are Vivi, Siddalee (RIR), Reba, Fancy (golden comets), and Scarlett and Boogers (leghorns)

I seriously never thought raising chickens could be this entertaining and rewarding. It's so amazing to look at their little tiny floofy selves, that fit in the palm of my hand, and know that one day soon, they'll be providing us with food, fertilizer, pest control...just amazing little creatures.

So needless to say, I'm hooked. I obsess over chicken coops on Pinterest now and hatchery catalogs at midnight instead of Facebook and social media. The only time I even get on FB right now is to post pictures of my girls! [​IMG]

So hello, so nice to meet everyone, I've been learning so much. I even had one nice poster inform me that my RIR's were actually my golden comets and vice versa. TSC had the labels switched lol! That's why their names seem a little mixed up.
    Hope y'all enjoy some pics of my baybays.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  2. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello, and welcome to the forum! I am so glad you decided to join us thanks for introducing yourself, and I hope you will make yourself at home here and enjoy it as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

1 person likes this.
  3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Pleased to have you in our community! Those are some little cuties! As a chicken newbie you might check out the wonderful articles of the Learning Center - they will accelerate your learning curve and make you a great poultry parent: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
    And if you wish you can say hello to some local poultry peeps when you find your state thread in this link:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you
    Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. treslilbirds

Mar 13, 2017
    NorCal
    Thank you so much! I will definitely check out those links:)

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under treslilbirds [​IMG] Welcome!

Your little ones are adorable! BYC’ers never tire of pics and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

6. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG] I am glad you joined us! But I am even happier to hear that you got your first chicks! They are adorable btw! You've been given some great advice and links, so I'll just say thanks for joining and best wishes! [​IMG] Btw, @Teila was right when she said that BYC members never tire of seeing new pics and videos!

1 person likes this.
  7. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Cute pictures, thanks for sharing them!

1 person likes this.
  8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    your chicks are just darling. Thanks for the photos. BTW [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. treslilbirds

Mar 13, 2017
    NorCal
    Thank you everyone. Love all the help here at BYC. It's also nice to have a place I can post pictures every day and no one get tired of it [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    No, of course not! Your chicks are so cute! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by