Forgotto do this

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by holliewog, Nov 22, 2015.

1. holliewog

holliewog Out Of The Brooder

Jul 15, 2015
    Hi,
    Hollie from Ontario here. I started out wanted a few cold hardy chickens and ended up with muscovy ducks instead. If I had known how really adorable they are I would have had them instead of dogs I think. I have 13 at the moment, beautiful fun ducks. My neighbours are endlessly amused watching them follow me all over my yard. I have an almost Dandelion free front area now - they are priceless for that alone. will take them a few years to get the whole yard done I think. I have found this site to be helpful, the members really go out of their way, and full of information. Without it I am sure I would have lost three of my hatchlings due to my ignorance. I hope to add Welsh Harlequin and Cayuga ducks or Dutch Hookbills to the flock when my pond is bigger.

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hi, Hollie, welcome to BYC. Muscovies, in my experience, have great personalities.

3. holliewog

holliewog Out Of The Brooder

Jul 15, 2015
    Thank you for the welcome, they are so much fun I never would have guessed. Even my daughter gets off the computer and comes out to play with them.

4. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined the flock! [​IMG]

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Glad you joined us at Backyard chickens. I think your intro is gonna sell alot of folks on ducks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by