1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Fortune Eggshells!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by naturegirl1919, Dec 8, 2013.

1. naturegirl1919

naturegirl1919 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2013
    So today, I blew my first egg! :D and I made one of the holes kinda big so i could stick a fortune inside. Now it's a fortune egg! :D I put a really boring fortune inside for the heck of it though. xD

[​IMG]
    " Today you will have an eggsellent day [​IMG]"

I know, very cheesy and cliche, but I'm happy with it :)

2. naturegirl1919

Dec 5, 2013
    :3 Yey! chicken egg crafts! Post your eggshell crafts pics Too! :D

3. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    When I was in high school we would have language fairs. One thing our club did to raise money was to save egg shells that had the tip broken off only. Then they were filled with confetti and a piece of tissue paper was glued over the opening. We sold two for a quarter during the fair. People would sneak up behind their friends and crack the confetti filled egg over on their heads.
    They have a name in Spanish, but I was in the Latin club . so I never was able to pronounce them and I have forgotten what they were called.
    I think if you made a bunch of your fortune eggs, and handed then out at parties or after Christmas dinner you could start a new 'thing' [​IMG]

4. naturegirl1919

Dec 5, 2013
    :D thanks! I'm gonna sell them at a fair next year x3. The confetti egg is a great idea! We had them last year at a party, but I doubt the school would like it if we were the cause of confetti all over the floor. xD

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by