Forum section display in New Threads?

Discussion in 'Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by ChickenRelatedUserName, Aug 11, 2018.

1. ChickenRelatedUserName

ChickenRelatedUserName Songster

Mar 28, 2018
    Colorado (5b)
    What are the chances of the forum being displayed under each of the threads in the New Posts section of the main page? With sites as large as this one, it is pretty much impossible to get people to use specific, searchable titles for their new threads. For example, how many different threads are titled just "Help!" Two a day, ten a week? Or "Boy or Girl?"

If we could see the forums in which these threads were started, it would help filter out the threads of little interest. I don't have fertilized eggs so most threads about eggs not pipping, or going into lockdown, etc are of little interest to me. Similarly, I like guessing which sex birds are, but not for quail because I don't have them.

On a related note, is there an archive (besides the articles)? There are many threads with good information, but since they have non-specific thread titles, they'd be impossible to search for later.

AlderCreekFarms likes this.
  2. SueT

SueT Free Ranging

May 27, 2015
    SW MO
    It DOES show the forum title in new posts, look at the fine print:
    forums.png

casportpony likes this.
  3. ChickenRelatedUserName

Mar 28, 2018
    Colorado (5b)
    Hmm, I'll have to check on my laptop again. Doesn't appear on the mobile platform for sure. The mobile is so condensed I'm not sure there'd be room.

4. SueT

SueT Free Ranging

May 27, 2015
    SW MO
    Right, mobile is different.

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator

Turn you phone sideways to landscape and you'll get more options

AlderCreekFarms and SueT like this.
  6. ChickenRelatedUserName

Mar 28, 2018
    Colorado (5b)
    Checked on my laptop, definitely don't see forum info listed. I was feeling pretty silly because that's not something I'd just gloss over before starting a thread. Must be a Google Chrome thing.

Turning the phone sideways doesn't help either, but that is also Google Chrome.

I can live without it, just thought I'd make a suggestion in case it was like that for everyone.

7. AlderCreekFarms

AlderCreekFarms Songster

Jun 28, 2018
    Huntsville, Texas
    I have the same problem with chrome on my cell. I was thinking the same, that it would be a convenient addition.

8. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator

9. ChickenRelatedUserName

Mar 28, 2018
    Colorado (5b)
    Yes thank you. That's the page I usually prefer to browse from on discussion forums as well. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: