1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Foster our chickens while we are away, please! - Richmond, CA

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by bgygi, Jul 13, 2011.

1. bgygi

bgygi New Egg

Jul 13, 2011
    [​IMG]
    Hi, we have three lovely chickens, Sona, Regina and Natasha. I am going to France in September for six months and we need someone to foster our babies while we are away.

Sona is 1.5 years old and a prodigious layer (she is the black one). She is smart and beautiful, but a little sneaky (she is always trying to figure how to get out of the enclosure). [​IMG]

Regina is 5 months old (the white one), but already very large and laying sporadically. She is very sweet and protective of her broodmate, Natasha, the small speckled one. We are worried that something happened to Natasha when she was a peep, because she has not grown much and is not showing signs of maturing. She is also kind of slow and follows Regina wherever she goes. But she doesn't make any trouble and mostly just lays down.
    [​IMG]

They are wonderful birds and we would like them to go to a good home. We would be willing to split them, but Natasha should really stay with Regina.

We will supply food for the period we are away, pay any medical bills, and if you have a truck you can even use our very study chicken house! We live in Richmond California near I-80. Please contact us if you can take any or all of these birdies or pass on the info to some who might want them.

If you like you can call me Brian 510 292 1958

Thanks, Backyard Chickeners!

2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Awww...they look to be very sweet birds Brian [​IMG] Posting this in another section would probably get it a lot more notice though - there is a CA thread in the "Where Am I/Where Are You?" section in the index. So maybe repost there or PM a mod to move it??? If you were near me, I would care for them, so I'm sure you'll find some help...

3. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
  4. SueSteeves

SueSteeves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    Southern California
    Awwww, they are adorable! I would love to take them if I lived closer.

5. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    I would but... I live on the other side of the country [​IMG]

6. bgygi

bgygi New Egg

Jul 13, 2011
    Thank you for all the suggestions and help. I am sure something will work out. You people are the best!

7. zengrrl

zengrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Oakland County, MI
    They are completely adorable and I hope you can get someone to take care of them while you're away.

8. Chickennutteacher

Chickennutteacher Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2010
    Davis, CA
    Hello,
    I am from Davis, CA. I will be glad to open my backyard for your chickens while you are out of the country. Currently, I have 10 spoiled chickens + 3 chicks (vary breeds- Seramas, Silkie, Leghorn). My husband and I have been proud chicken owners for 15 years. Our birds are part of the family. I can setup a separate area for your birds if you prefer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by