Found 21 eggs today!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mommyofthreewithchicks, Jan 12, 2011.

1. mommyofthreewithchicks

mommyofthreewithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2010
    Minnesota
    After getting usually 3 or 1 (winter...[​IMG]) I found 21 eggs today!!! I guess the younger ones are laying [​IMG] And we are really hunting for those eggs as only 5 were in the nest box. Hopefully I can reform those who are laying elsewhere [​IMG]

How many eggs did you find today? Where is the weirdest place you have found an egg? So far the rafters of the coop has the oddest of places.

2. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    Well i got 2 eggs today. And i know 2 more are laying. For the past 2 weeks i have only gotten about 1 egg a day. AAANNNNDDD i still have not found there hiding place for them. I can hear them sometimes in the morning doing there egg song outside of my window but cant find them anywhere. 5 acres, with pine trees and HUGE bushs you cant get into. >>

3. Dorte

Dorte Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2010
    I got 3 today. Not many, but since I only have three hens I can hardly ask them for more [​IMG].

Real proud of my girls, they seem to be producing each about 6 eggs a week, and I do not use artificial light at all. The days are about 10 hours long here, and that seems to be enough for them.

They are also real good about placing the eggs in the nesting box. When I let them free range they don't have access to the coop, but they will make sure I know that they need to go back in when it is time to lay.

LOL, am I bragging about my hens? I think I am. Well, what can I say.... [​IMG]

4. AlaskGirl

AlaskGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    This is my biggest day for numbers, out of 18 chickens, I got 14 eggs. I have 8 new layers so I'm hoping they're almost all on board with our deal. Me, food, them, eggs.

5. BigIslandChicks

BigIslandChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    today we only got 3 eggs [​IMG] one is huge again and i am pretty sure it is a dbl. yolk, we got one the exact same size 2 days? ago that was a dbl. we have new layers only just over a good month now so we are working out the kinks still... we have had in the last 3 days a a soft shell egg each day. [​IMG] i am hoping this is only due to them being new at this and we also just switched to an organic layer from the landolakes layer pellet so i am wondering if maybe there is less calcium? never the less i went right out to get some oyster shell and mixed a bit in their food and sprinkled some around with the BOSS in the run for them to scratch at... i am hoping it will work it self out soon... we have also had a few cold nights this last week for HI [​IMG] so maybe all of it...

well congrats on lots of eggs! my favorite! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by