Found a big surprise ! (for me) Buff Dewlaps Pics Added !

swheat

The Bantam Barn
14 Years
Mar 18, 2008
Alabama
My Coop
My Coop
I came across some buff geese , it was a reverse trio(2 ganders & 1 goose). Anyway I was thinking that American Buff don't come with dewlaps
idunno.gif
...do they...NO they don't. needless to say I purchased 3 buff
ep.gif
dewlap toulose geese.
ya.gif
Pics coming tomorrow. The goose looks pretty good but the males could be a bit bigger and bigger dewlaps. I am still happy with them. I really can't believe I have these, I have wanted them for so long.

7576_dscn0033.jpg

7576_dscn0034.jpg

Last edited:
Can you feel the waves of jealousy emanating from me? Congrats! Can't wait for the pictures.

Last edited:
I am hoping that the goose might still lay a clutch of eggs
fl.gif
, since it is still early in the year. Also thought of not using the gander to the right in the 2nd picture, he seems to stand a bit more upright than the other one. Goose is in center of the 2nd pic.

Last edited:
Your geese are great looking. But more attractive is the fact that I can see the ground in your picture. I'm so sick of having two feet of snow on the ground, not to mention my birds hate it too! It's still snowing today!

I got pic snappy again today:D so here is more pic of the buff dewlaps. Some pics were taken with flash/some not @ different times durring the day so the geese looked washed out in some of the pics.

7576_bufdew3.jpg

7576_bufdew4.jpg

7576_bufdew5.jpg

7576_bufdew6.jpg

They are beautiful I have wanted some for so long but I cant decide if I want buff or gray? Are those black swans in the background?
love.gif

Could you post some pics of your waterfowl pens they look neat and I am trying to decide how I want to build mine. Or describe them?

thanks

Quote:
I still want the grays too ! Yes, those are black swans..they are tame as puppies. I just love them too.

My pens are are just wire fencing around about a 60 feet by
150 feet area, then wire fencing divided them into pens, nothing fancy, just to keep separate breeding pens. I have tried to get a pic of it but it is so big it doesn't show any details. I used t-post driven in the ground(or rather pushed in the ground with the bucket on the tractor) to hold up the wire fencing.

Back
Top Bottom