Found a chicken

whatthecluck24

Chirping
Mar 24, 2017
So I found an Easter egger hen that’s been roaming the neighborhood for minimum a month, today I caught it! She is so skinny and her comb is really pale compared to my other Easter egger. Other than being really thin she looks pretty heathy. I have her in isolation, with vitamins/probiotic water, I put DE in her food and bedding. Anything else I should do to get her heathy?

Also should I even try to induce her to my 4 hens after quarantine ?

Attachments

• 923B59D2-2B59-4B25-B9B4-5980EB15EB62.jpeg
    923B59D2-2B59-4B25-B9B4-5980EB15EB62.jpeg
    248.8 KB · Views: 29
So I found an Easter egger hen that’s been roaming the neighborhood for minimum a month, today I caught it! She is so skinny and her comb is really pale compared to my other Easter egger. Other than being really thin she looks pretty heathy. I have her in isolation, with vitamins/probiotic water, I put DE in her food and bedding. Anything else I should do to get her heathy?

Also should I even try to induce her to my 4 hens after quarantine ?
If she's fairly healthy,then she should gain weight by getting a nutritionally balanced poultry feed daily. Likely she's not been eating too well if she's been roaming the neighborhood looking for food (and I assume it's winter where you are located?).

Depending on how old she is, her comb may be pale due to age (she's not come into lay yet, has been molting, etc.).
Look her over for lice/mites. Eliminate the DE from the food, I personally see no benefit of that. Provide her with a source of grit while you have her in quarantine. If getting a fecal float is possible, check for worms.

Once you feel confident she's in good health, then introduce her to your hens with a see-but-don't touch method https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/introducing-a-single-hen-to-an-existing-flock.71997/

She's cute!

I have 4 Easter Eggers also mine are orangish brown, wheatened, blueish gray and dark brown, and black and yellow speckled.
I have 4 Easter Eggers also mine are orangish brown, wheatened, blueish gray and dark brown, and black and yellow speckled.
One of mine looks like the picture of the one you found but instead of the orange it’s black and instead of the black it’s orange just colored swapped

One of mine looks like the picture of the one you found but instead of the orange it’s black and instead of the black it’s orange just colored swapped

I love my Easter Egger, I feel like she’s the smartest one out of all my girls (2 isa’s, 1 buff & her) so I’m pretty stoked I found this one! When I picked her up and held her she fell asleep. I want to think she felt safe but it might’ve been some sort of defense mechanism. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Please keep her so they cannot even be beak to beak yet .. 30 days is recommended
make sure she has nothing they others can get

Back
Top Bottom