Found a dog, but I'm having trouble :(

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Skitz, May 14, 2010.

1. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    This morning before I left to school (8am) I was looking for Billy (a chihuahua) I was expecting for him to leave because yesterday he appeared on my backyard and I played a lot with him, but I knew he wouldn't stay. Well right before I got into the car my neighbor called me and said if I wanted a "chihuahua" she found (doesn't look a lot like a chihuahua to me) Well I asked my mom and told her that if I could keep a chihuahua and she said "if it's pretty, yes" well I went over there and it was black (not my billy [​IMG] ) and his body was kinda long so I took him home and since it was raining (and still is) I put him with my other chihuahua and idk what breed the other one is in the laundry room and I shut the door and left to school. Well I came from school (about 10 mins ago) and I went to the laundry room and he's still there so I came inside and my step-dad told me to get rid of him [​IMG] how? where do I take him to? I'm not just going to leave him outside because it's raining. He'll get mad if I call animal control, he won't take it to animal control, he won't participate in anything I do with him! I know for sure my mom won't want to help me get rid of him either. So basically he wants me to do magic and disappear him! What should I do? any advice [​IMG] My mom won't care if I keep the dog.

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  2. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    I'll be looking on craiglist if there's an ad that someone's looking for him if not, I'll maybe post one saying that I found a dog.

3. schellie69

schellie69 Songster

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    can you post a picture maybe we can help with breed I would put out the word that you found the dog, maybe someone is looking for him call the dog pound see if any one reported a missing dog that fits his description hopefully your mom can help you out with this problem. I hope someone is looking for the dog

4. agnes_day

agnes_day Songster

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    take him back to the neighbors...i hate it when my kids drag animals home.

5. WingingIt

WingingIt Songster

Apr 16, 2009
    I think posting a found ad is a great idea. Call the local pound and a few local vets and see if anyone has flyers up or has reported one missing. Good luck!

6. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    motherof5boys1girl I took it with permission and I didn't "Drag" it home, thanks for your reply. And thanks everyone that helped, I found how to fix the problem [​IMG] My mom convinced my step-dad not to be so harsh since she's the one who GAVE me permission to keep it [​IMG] btw, for the ones that don't know me, I get offended easily.

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  7. agnes_day

agnes_day Songster

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    [​IMG] you might not have, but my kid dragged home a st bernard. and i hated it.

8. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Crowing 9 Years

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    I would find it hard to drag home a st bernard!!!

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:*GASP* HOW could you hate a st. bernard? I see that you have issues... [​IMG]

10. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:*GASP* HOW could you hate a st. bernard? I see that you have issues... [​IMG]

I am still trying to figure out how one "drags" a St Bernard [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: