Found a GREAT deal on a coop today!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by nekomi, Feb 14, 2009.

1. nekomi

nekomi Out Of The Brooder

Oct 24, 2008
    Ohio
    I'm so excited! I was driving back from my dogs' obedience class this morning, and I passed a house with a beautiful little shed in the front yard, with a "For Sale" sign on it! Turns out, the shed was a Home Depot display model (full width and height of a shed, but chopped off - so only 5' deep), purchased by the seller at an auction. He fixed it up and decided to sell it.

It's lovely and a bargain at just $350 - it already has a window, a couple of vents, and shelves installed. I can't wait to post pics so you guys can help me make it more "chicken friendly"!

2. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    [​IMG] You definitely will be able to get help. Can't wait to see your pictures

3. n-da-woods

n-da-woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    North Carolina
    Cool. I love a bargin. That will make you a nice coop. Can't wait to see your pics

4. RendonRoo

RendonRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    ft. worth
    sounds great.. pics please

5. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Congrats on finding a good deal [​IMG]

6. nekomi

nekomi Out Of The Brooder

Oct 24, 2008
    Ohio
    We'll be setting up the delivery on Monday - it will likely arrive one evening this coming week. I cannot WAIT to share pics!!

7. lilchick

lilchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    I bought one at Lowes a few years ago and had them deliver it. Cost was 195.00 for it..10 ft. wide by 4 ft. deep and full height... My hubby cut one of the full doors in half like dutch doors and cut out a window on the end for me and placed roosts in it. Each end were staggered roosts and a higher one running the full width...
    It was a great looking shed BUT sometimes when you viewed it from the side it kinda freaked you out!
    I would say with the cost of lumber these days that you got a good buy on your shed too. good luck...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by