FOUND A GROUSE CHICK NEED HELP

plymouthrockFarm123

Songster
11 Years
Jul 1, 2008
i have recently found a small grouse chick i have some experience with wild birds and chicks but i need some help on what to do with it should i let it go and die? or try to save it beacause it looks like it should be with its mom thats how young it is.

Thank You

Take it to a wildlife rehab! Or if you want and think you are up to it....try and save it yourself. Keep it in a brooder with a stuffed animal buddy or a live buddy....make sure it has food/water and is eating and drinking. Also if you have any pine trees around take a couple snips of branches and place in with the chick as well!
big_smile.png

ok thanx we caught grasshoppers for it and it is in a bird cage with grass and sand as the bottom and we soaked a paper towel and dripped some water on its beak. I have already raised a baby starling and it grew and flew away. thank you

Do you have chick starter? That would be better for it than just grasshoppers...even though grasshoppers are a good treat. How young is it? It probably needs heat and I would suggest pine shavings for bedding..treat it the same way as baby poultry.

it has feathers but it cant fly it just hops and it dosent have a long shaped body "sam" is very round and plump and small

Do you have any baby chick supplies? I would suggest also putting a chick waterer in with the bird.
smile.png

no it also wont stop chirping i try to give it food and water but wont accept it i think sam is stressed
sam should be better by the morning

P.S i named it sam

Back
Top Bottom