**Found a Home!!**

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by 4chickns, Sep 17, 2009.

1. 4chickns

4chickns Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2009
    New Jersey
    We have 2 silkie roosters who need a good home. They are crowing throughout the day and seem to be getting louder and louder. They can be heard a few houses down, so I'm not sure all our neighbors are too thrilled. They are sweet and very pretty. They may be a mix, considering their coloring is a little strange. They are very happy being together and would love a lot of hens to boss around. Please let me know if you have room for these little guys. They are 5 months old and are not for eating. I will post some pictures.
    Thanks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

edited by moderation to add location to title per BST rules

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  2. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    You need to post where you are located [​IMG]
    They are beautiful!

3. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    Hi, where are you at ? I would love to have the first roo. I am in Missouri. can you ship?

4. 4chickns

Sep 17, 2009
    New Jersey
    I'm in NJ. Sorry for forgetting to post that.

5. purplefrog

purplefrog Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Independence, Virginia
    They are cuties! Look like a coo-coo silkie, or so I have read. Pretty colors for sure!!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  6. 4chickns

Sep 17, 2009
    New Jersey
    Muddyhorse. How far can you actually ship a chicken safely? I have heard of it, but I don't know anything about it. I wonder if the post office would mind him crowing the whole time?[​IMG]

7. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    They are Coo-Coo Silkies and the first one is absolutely gorgeous! They are both pretty, but the first one just stands out.

8. muddyhorse

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    I have never shipped a bird. i am sure you can ask the post office or somebody on here. I have two cockoo pullets that would love him.[​IMG] I know you have to get a special box.

9. 4chickns

Sep 17, 2009
    New Jersey
    Well, I'm sure he would love your hens! It seems that he can be shipped as long as they can deliver from NJ to Missouri overnight. I think it will cost at least $30 or $40, though, which seems like quite a bit to me.

10. muddyhorse

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    my zip code is 63627. the post office should be able to give you a good idea how much it would be. If it doesn't affect the shipping cost to much I would take both boys. Let me know

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by