Found a kitten on my way to work.....PICS after surgery -Post #39

Did she end up losing the eye or does she keep the lids closed?

I adopted an all white cat with two blue eyes that's not deaf.

My big boy Blaze (came with the name).
24846_blaze_-_aug_2_09_002.jpg

Last edited:
Please remember to cool the BOILING WATER before using it on the kitten. I'm not being rude but I'm a nurse and did have to treat a bay (now blind) as his mother didn't understand that it was "boiled" water not "boiling " water to wash out the eyes!!! any OTC ointment will be fine as long as it is ophthalmic - it is in a smaller tube and has a pointed end e.g. Bacitracin, Triple antibiotic ointment, Polysporin - anything like that - just ask the pharmacist. I find that the ointment lasts longer than the drops as it won't run out. Good luck!

So she had surgery to have the eye removed?

She is gorgeous! I am taking my taken up stray turned unremovable house guest to be spayed and all her shots next thursday. Little Bit turned up suddenly about 7 weeks ago and I spent 30-40 minutes every night for a week on my belly on the ground slowly coaxing her as I fed her all kinds of yummies to gain her trust. She is the BIGGEST love bug in the world, with a purr motor like an old diesel engine (LOUD and ROUGH - lol ) but shes great. Shes about 4-5 months old now I guess, definately old enough to be spayed and looks just like my oldest cat Milo. Orange/yellow and fluffy. lol.

Cats are great, sure they can be aloff buttheads or bumps on logs but some are just insatiable lovies and eternal kittens. lol. cats are very grab baggish.
wink.png
but they are so worth it.

I've had a couple deaf cats as pets or rescues/fosters before, and honestly they are no where near as high maitenance as deaf dogs are by far. Cats are very self reliant, but deaf cats seem to be very people oriented and tend to be big lovie lap cats. The only real issue I've ever come across with deaf cats is that they will go off and sleep and can't hear you calling them. lol. This isn't bad unless they have a knack for finding those hard to see impossible to find places (such as inside box springs of your beds, under/inside your couch, kittens have a niche for figuring out how to get into drawers from underneath furniture etc)

Glad she is doing well!!!! Love the pictures and she is such a cutie!

She's pretty....even without the eye. She's probably so much happier now that it's gone actually....and she'll never miss it. I'd have to name her Winky...I know, real original..LOL

Quote:
I am lost on this one? What boiling water?

Yes, her eye was removed, better she had it done as a kitten I thought. And yes, youa re right, ScaredofShadows, deaf cats are so much more lovie dovie than hearing cats! THis is my second, and she is all over me and our GSD who adores her.

(As far as the eyes, we have one cat that has eye problems from time to time and my wife uses a solution of 1/4th tsp of boric acid to 1/2 c of boiling water which she stores in a sterile bottle to rinse them. She will put the acid solution in a half tsp and drip it into the cat's eye or eyes as I hold the cat and a piece of toilet paper to catch the solution before it gets in his ears or nose. When the infection is really bad we will do this twice a day but if we catch it early enough only once a day until it clears up. This works as well for us as the prescription the vet gave us when we adopted him.)
Sorry, this was way back on page one and I had to comment. The cat has settled in nicely with you!

My great aunt used to have a long haired, odd colored eyes white cat. When she wants to call him for dinner, she would stomp her foot, thank goodness, she had wooden floors LOL! The cat would come lickety spit for the canned food. Lived to be an old cat.

Back
Top Bottom