found a long lost relative

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by hypnofrogstevie, Nov 11, 2008.

1. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Stevie that is cool!!! My step daughter finds long lost relatives all over the place due to the fact her mom has 6 kids and has never raised one of them.

3. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Sounds like my ex uncle. My cousin found out she had a half brother. Still no message yet.

4. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    He confirmed me last night on facebook. Still no reply on the message I sent. It would be so cool to get to know him

5. Bex

Bex Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2008
    Virginia
    I am forever finding relatives thanks to my darlin' father. [​IMG] He left before I was born and apparently always has kids popping out of the wood works - I have 2 sisters & a brother that I KNOW about from him, and possibly a 3rd sister born on the exact same day/year as me, though I'll never know because she was put up for adoption.

I always think it's kinda neat to find out who you're related to. But a bummer that they aren't really "part" of the family.

6. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    My cousins dad is the same way. My aunt divorced him I think over 10 years ago. My cousin found out about 5 years ago that she has a half brother. I want to get to know my newly found relative. I looked at almost all my lost relatives and everyone is from NJ and 1 from PA.

7. rubyv67

rubyv67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2008
    Daggett,CA
    My biological father had 7 after me. Lived in the same city 20 years and never met any of them. I find relatives because of genealogy research. I have had such a wonderful experience meeting cousins from all over. Most of them are 2 generations older than me, but I love their family stories. I'm so happy for you.

8. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I just typed in my last name and you find alot of you relatives. Our last name is really unique.

9. Bex

Bex Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2008
    Virginia
    Unfortunately, both my dad's name and my last name ( i don't have his) are not unique at all. Very common.

10. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I'm sorry. ancestry.com is what I went on and found my relatives. Maybe you can do a search on there. You have to pay to get personal info though [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by