Found a pic of MICRO very young! Cute!

chickensioux

Songster
10 Years
Feb 12, 2009
Western North Carolina
22826_100_0485.jpg

This was when Micro was a month old. Look at his hatchmate. They are the same age! I forgot how tiny he was when he was tiny.....

I am so thrilled that he has continued to thrive. What a cutie he was (and is). Is he still doing that bizarre swelling up thing after he eats and drinks? It is amazing how resilient they can be. It will be interesting to see if he ends up being fertile and passes on the "micro-ness". LOL
smile.png

Quote:
No, his neck stopped doing that as he grew. I still say that is or was some internal deformity that "straightened" itself out as he grew. I wonder too about fertility. The larger male ducks pester everybody but him. It makes me think he is sterile and somehow (in the duck world) they know this and don't see him as a threat.. BUT, I also have seen him take an interest (you know) in the females although unsuccessfully. Makes me think he's fertile. I don't know. The larger ducks pick at each other, run each other off, bite and fight each other but Micro can walk right by them or bite at them and they never bother him. I hope that never changes cuz I am worried it could get ugly this spring and I will be devastated if any of them hurt Micro. I am going to be watching very closely.

Oh he is adorable isnt he.
I have a "little " duck here at the moment. She is 1/3 the size of her hatchmates,

She hatched with a slipped tendon in her leg, and cant walk. She also has a respiritory problem, and I know She wont be with me much longer. But I am trying to make each day wonderful for her.

So glad to hear Micro is doing well.

Man, I hope my call duck thing here works out so I can say I produced something that cute!
love.gif
My foals were cute enough, but just aren't quite that fuzzy or peepy!

Back
Top Bottom