Found a pic of MICRO very young! Cute!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by chickensioux, Jan 14, 2010.

1. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    [​IMG]
    This was when Micro was a month old. Look at his hatchmate. They are the same age! I forgot how tiny he was when he was tiny.....

2. priss

priss Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2009
    Isle of Wight
    Awwwwww [​IMG]

3. CityChicker

CityChicker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    I am so thrilled that he has continued to thrive. What a cutie he was (and is). Is he still doing that bizarre swelling up thing after he eats and drinks? It is amazing how resilient they can be. It will be interesting to see if he ends up being fertile and passes on the "micro-ness". LOL [​IMG]

4. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator~~~ BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    [​IMG]

5. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Quote:No, his neck stopped doing that as he grew. I still say that is or was some internal deformity that "straightened" itself out as he grew. I wonder too about fertility. The larger male ducks pester everybody but him. It makes me think he is sterile and somehow (in the duck world) they know this and don't see him as a threat.. BUT, I also have seen him take an interest (you know) in the females although unsuccessfully. Makes me think he's fertile. I don't know. The larger ducks pick at each other, run each other off, bite and fight each other but Micro can walk right by them or bite at them and they never bother him. I hope that never changes cuz I am worried it could get ugly this spring and I will be devastated if any of them hurt Micro. I am going to be watching very closely.

6. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    He was so tiny. I hope that spring goes good for him too. [​IMG]

7. smileyfacecat

smileyfacecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2009
    Wrentham, MA
    [​IMG]

8. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    soooooooo cute [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Oh he is adorable isnt he.
    I have a "little " duck here at the moment. She is 1/3 the size of her hatchmates,

She hatched with a slipped tendon in her leg, and cant walk. She also has a respiritory problem, and I know She wont be with me much longer. But I am trying to make each day wonderful for her.

So glad to hear Micro is doing well.

10. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    Man, I hope my call duck thing here works out so I can say I produced something that cute! [​IMG] My foals were cute enough, but just aren't quite that fuzzy or peepy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by