Found an Avian Vet in Poulbo, WA - Kitsap County

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by rainplace, Oct 12, 2009.

1. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

I spoke with Dr. Scott Ford today in Poulsbo, his phone number is 360-271-7000. He will see ducks, geese, and all other poultry. He does house calls too! Just thought I'd put that out there for anyone that lives near me.

2. deanna&rich

deanna&rich Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2009
    chimacum, WA
    Thank you so much !!!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    We live in Chimacum, the rural area just south of Port Townsend. It's good to know who to call. I haven't checked to see if any of our local vets do avian work, I think the farm vet focuses on big livestock.
    Thanks again.

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Just an FYI-

There is an avian vet that will see chickens in Renton, on Sunset Blvd. I haven't been there, but called to check just in case.
    Can't remember the name of the clinic, but the tel # is:

425-235-7378

Imp- Thanks for the info rainplace

4. Bossroo

Bossroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    Just a heads up... To make the Vets' time to treat a chicken or duck worthwhile, it will cost you the price of at least a dozen chickens or ducks. In my area a Vet office visit or ranch call is $75 plus the time to treat the animal plus the cost of meds. If the illness does not affect the entire flock, it is cost prohibitive.

5. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

yes, avian vets are not cheap, and I don't know under what circumstances I would use one. However, it's bothered me to no end that I couldn't find one that wasn't more than an hour away until today.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by