found an egg (how do i know if its alive??)

make a bator, i made one out of a styrafoam cooler from walmart, some wire we had laying around, and a christmas light, it cost me like 5 dollars or whatever the cooler cost. I want to use a different light the next time.

IMG_0868.jpg

I've also read about people using an electric skillet, no personal experience with that though...

Alot of people just use a damp sponge, kept consistently moist, or some just use a bowl of water. Keeping the temperature and humitity constant just take more hands on work, then using a mechanical incubator.

So what are your plans if you are successful?

if it hatches i will keep it but im moving by a pond and i could say that the duck just stated to come near my house and so i let it in my yard and fed it..
so i have to get rid of my chicken
sad.png
but i gain a duck..
smile.png

ok my dad doesnt beleive that its going to hatch and he wont buy anything like a cooler for it lights ANYTHING! i hope it hatches just to prove him wrong
roll.png

lol.
well i have a plastic container and some towels and about to find a light to put in it.
and a sponge.

and i need complete directions lol

Last edited:
do a search through the archives of the incubating thread, there are a lot of good suggestions about different 'free' materials a person could find to put together a homemade incubator.

Good luck on it, Trey

I am not sure how to, I didnt have too much luck with my chicken eggs, I couldnt even tell if there was anything inside.
But I have read of people hatching them in lots of ways, I wonder how far along it is, if you can see the lil duck, I would think its close! Some of the girls on here have put them in their bra's if there was only a day or so to go til hatching! I wonder if you could fashion somethin under your arm or something. lol

Are you gonna sell Zoolander, wow hard to believe. How is she doing, her eye all better?

ya i got a clear bucket and some towels and some socks and a light and some water and it is keeping it warm i turn it everyday
ya im going to sell her...
i might be able to keep the duck.
her eye is great!! i left for oklahoma for a week and i came back to a huge chicken and a healed eye! lol.

you had eggs?
maybe you should try again!

Back
Top Bottom