Found baby pigon in the heat in the middle of nowhere

Sunshine1976

Hatching
Jun 23, 2017
My husband found him on a dirt road in 100 degree weather I'm not sure how to help this baby pigon I have lots of farm animals chickens ducks goats chinchilla but have no idea how to help this little guy eat my husband gave swatter and we was excited but now he doesent seem like he's doing to well I don't know how old he is pleas help me so u can help this pigon

Here's some picts

Attachments

• 20170623_083626.jpg
    20170623_083626.jpg
    371 KB · Views: 27
  • 20170623_083617.jpg
    20170623_083617.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 20170623_083556.jpg
    20170623_083556.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 25
Others can chime in if I'm wrong about this, but that squab looks like it is still in the age where it is drinking pigeon milk (regurgitated food) from its parents. There are several recipes online for making a substitute pigeon milk for rescuing babies like this. Some are more complicated than others. I would try that. In the meantime, I think what Top Rooster said above is worth trying until you can get it a pigeon milk substitute.

One is called MacMilk, here is a link where somebody lays out the ingredients: http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/f6/making-substitute-pigeon-milk-for-orphan-hatchlings-9541.html

If you could let me know in what area you are located, I may be able to take hime in. But for now I would say to keep him warm and try to feed him or give him some water water. No matter what happens you need to know that you tried everything possible. If possible I would go to your local pet shop or feed store and ask around.

I have some chick starter and water mixture that I mixed up and put into a 5ml syringe and cut the top off so he can fit his beak into and he seems to be eating that but will it have the right nutrition and how much should I feed him and how often I work 2 to 10 do i need to take him to work with me he is so much better than lastnight he squirms and skweeks when I walk up to him and gets excited to eat if fed him 3 times today is that too much

Not really it seems to just state the ingredients it has the same ingredients as chick start I think lots of protein

Back
Top Bottom