Found blood in one of my Roo's poo... What now?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by PAchickenlover, Jul 28, 2011.

1. PAchickenlover

PAchickenlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    I found a small blob of blood in a poop pile. I don't know which one of my 6 roo's it is from. I forget what that means, Is it worms? Please help. Thanks.

Mollie

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

How old are they? If adults, could be worms, but could also be just shed intestinal lining, which is normal, or could be from something he ate, like berries, meaning not blood at all.

3. PAchickenlover

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    They are of mixed ages. Some of my roosters are about a year old but most were chicks from this spring. My two Speckled Sussex are pretty much fully grown. They are my two largest roo's. They free range all day, so I have no idea what they might have gotten in to.

Thanks
    Mollie

4. PAchickenlover

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    any more ideas?

5. nuchickontheblock

nuchickontheblock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2010
    south portland, maine
    My chickens have been gorging themselves on raspberries the last few days and their poo is full of red blobs. Hope something like that is the situation with your roos.

6. PAchickenlover

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    May be, there are some raspberries growing wild in the upper part of our land. Up by the road that is, I know they go up there occasionally. I'll just cross my fingers for now and hope that is all it was.
    Thanks
    Mollie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by