found cheep candeling flashlight

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by K&H Chicken Farm, Apr 10, 2008.

1. K&H Chicken Farm

K&H Chicken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Redding CA
    How funny is it we get so excited over flashlights…

But this one is exciting! It’s the Sportsman Xtreme by Rayovac. It’s a LED with 45 lumens! It makes my mini mag light look like a candle. I found it at Wall mart sporting for $18.88 today.

2. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dang! That's a lot of lumens!!! You should be able to see great detail inside your eggs with that baby!!! [​IMG]
    And, yes, it's kinda funny how we get excited over flashlights!!! LOL

3. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    I found a TaskForce flashlight at Lowes for around $20-30. It has 3 watts and 150 lumens. It only has a 3 hr runtime, but it only takes C batteries also. I tried it out on regular fresh eggs straight out of the coop. It sure is bright, but there's nothing to see in those eggs too. Will let y'all know on day 7 of these duck eggs I just put in my new bator. Don't know if its good one or not yet.
    Lisa

4. K&H Chicken Farm

Feb 17, 2008
    Redding CA
    This one is the size of a mini mag and takes AA.

5. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    K&H~I was looking at that light and wondering about it. Have you candled with it yet?

6. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:Inquiring minds want to know! I want something I can take out to my coops to check broody eggs. [​IMG]

7. K&H Chicken Farm

Feb 17, 2008
    Redding CA
    Yes I have and its great! It worked on the darkest egg I had, but did not do well on the green EE's. love the size. Its the same as a min mag. Mt DH tried to swip it last night. Silly man, flash lights are for chicks. [​IMG]

8. RubberChickenLubber

RubberChickenLubber Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    I was thinking of getting a Rayovak (I think it was "Sportsman"). It was under $30. It was 60 lumens. Would that be a good candling light?

9. K&H Chicken Farm

Feb 17, 2008
    Redding CA
    Quote:Where did you find that? If its anything like the Rayvac I just bought I would get it in a heart beat!

10. RubberChickenLubber

RubberChickenLubber Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    K&H Chicken Farm :

Quote:Where did you find that? If its anything like the Rayvac I just bought I would get it in a heart beat!

Walmart

Hubby wants a surefire, but if this is good, It'll save $30​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by