found chick that just hatched....hen wouldnt take care of it....

eggcochin_freak5

Songster
11 Years
May 27, 2008
Georgia
ok so my cochin hen has hatched off 5 chicks so far....and there are all 5-7 days old. i thought no more would hatch because there was only one egg left. i went down to the lot yesterday and found a chick it had just hatched and it was cold. the mom wouldnt take care of it. so i took him/her inside and got my brooding light out and put it in a box. i thought it wasnt going to make it....the thing was chirping but it couldnt walk. it just flopped around the box. so i just left it to die.....
hit.gif

this morning i got up because the loudest chirping was going on in the bed room. low and behold the chick was up walking and being all chickish....so now im sitting here holding the chick i have named peepers and trying to type with one hand.....but im glad peepers made it....

D.gif
Yay!!!!
jumpy.gif
So glad Peepers made it! We had one of those too a few months ago, but it was unexpected bc we didn't know the hen was going to hatch anything.
Is Peepers eating?

yes im going to keep it..... and chicks usually wont eat till about 3 days after they hatch...i put him a friend in the aquarium with him so hes good.

Back
Top Bottom