Found chickens in Somerville, MA, near Porter Square - yours?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Gypsylion, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Gypsylion

Gypsylion Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Hey BYCers!

A rep from the Somerville Animal Control stopped by my house yesterday afternoon because they found three chickens running loose right near the Porter Square Shopping Center on Monday morning. And since I'm the only person they know of in the area with poultry, they thought maybe they were mine (I love that they come to me with stuff like this! [​IMG]).

These chickens are not mine, however so I'm here to see if maybe they're yours...? I haven't seen them in person, but according to the description they sound like they might be 3 adult Rhode Island Reds - possibly 2 hens and a roo.

If they aren't yours, do you have any idea whose they might be? (I've already contacted the owners of the coop on the bike path by Davis) If you don't know who they might belong to, do you want to adopt them?

They are currently being held at the Somerville DPW near Broadway and Cedar, and will be there until they take them to the MSPCA on Sunday. If you would like to claim them, please PM me here on BYC or use the email link and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by