Found Good Quail Egg Cartons!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by loopy119, Jul 22, 2011.

1. loopy119

loopy119 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2009
    Dayton, TX
    I am pretty excited I was able to find some good plastic clam-shell egg cartons from Eggcartons.com. I was looking for a dozen pack carton, and they were the only ones that carried them (that I could find).

Here is a link: http://www.eggcartons.com/Sodesa-Plastic-Quail-Egg-Carton-Twin-12-Pack-Flat-Top/productinfo/PLEG-12QFT/

They
    even hold my JUMBO Coturnix eggs with room to spare! I needed them to sell blown eggs, and I think these will work perfectly.

Anyway, I just wanted to let y'all know that I am very happy with this product and if y'all were looking for some cartons that would accommodate jumbo eggs, these are good! [​IMG]

2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    THose are what I use [​IMG]

3. CarriageStone

CarriageStone Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  4. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Thanks carriage stone! That is eggsactly what I need. or, no, want. wants-needs-needs-wants... It's all blurring together. [​IMG]
    11 cents per carton is agreeable. [​IMG]
    I have bookmarked this!

5. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Gqf has the flimsy 10 packs, which works for some people, but not all (doesn't work for me).

I use the 12 packs off eggcartons.com and believe me, they are a god send.

6. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    I think for selling blown eggs they will be fine, but I agree, if the egg was full, then something sturdier would be required.

edit for spelling, I don't know what is worse, my typing or my spelling. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  7. loopy119

loopy119 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2009
    Dayton, TX
    Yeah, They are 19.95 for 25 DOUBLE dozen packs. So you tear em apart and you have 50 dozen packs for the same price. I wanted to sell my eggs as dozens instead of tens, so these were a great buy for me. [​IMG] Glad the ten-packs work for some, it's just a personal preference though. And I also know that they are going to be big enough to accommodate my jumbo eggs.

8. lostquail

lostquail Out Of The Brooder

Oct 24, 2010
    Sorry to revive an old thread, but does anyone know where I can get the 12-egg quail egg cartons that snap shut? I got mine off of Eggcartons.com too but they're out of stock with "no ETA" of when they'll be back in. The Double R Country Store website had them but has taken them off their site so I guess they're out of stock now too.

I sell my eggs by the dozen so the 10-packs and 30-packs don't really work for me, plus the 10-packs don't close and are often too small for my Bobwhite eggs. The ones from eggcartons.com (sodesa brand) were perfect but I'm about to run out and can't find any place to order more.

9. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by